coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house
??????, ??, ??????

常見問題常見問題   搜尋搜尋   會員列表會員列表   會員群組會員群組   會員註冊會員註冊 
 個人資料個人資料   登入檢查您的私人訊息登入檢查您的私人訊息   登入登入 

Is it time to buy a flat in HK?

發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ??
上一篇主題 :: 下一篇主題  
發表人 內容
bigmama

註冊時間: 2007-05-12
文章: 79

發表發表於: 星期三 十一月 28, 2007 3:35 pm    文章主題: Is it time to buy a flat in HK? 引言回覆

I know this is not a financia Forum but I just want to ask this question because I am looking for a unit in HK Island.
The price had gone completely off the roof....
I have 1 mil for down payment. Do you guys have any suggestion?
Should I rent a flat?? Should I invest in the stock market??

Help! Help!
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
neohk

註冊時間: 2006-09-03
文章: 1095

發表發表於: 星期三 十一月 28, 2007 4:24 pm    文章主題: Re: Is it time to buy a flat in HK? 引言回覆

bigmama 寫到:
I know this is not a financia Forum but I just want to ask this question because I am looking for a unit in HK Island.
The price had gone completely off the roof....
I have 1 mil for down payment. Do you guys have any suggestion?
Should I rent a flat?? Should I invest in the stock market??

Help! Help!

according to CE syllabus, you will gain if you buy 1 with mortgage loan Rolling Eyes

註冊時間: 2006-11-21
文章: 318

發表發表於: 星期三 十一月 28, 2007 6:04 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

can you answer these questions?

how old are you?

what's your view of Hong Kong's/China's future for the next 10-20 years?

are you usually a optimistic or pessimistic person?

are you good at or have great interest in stocks?

do you think you can forget the existences of this 1 million dollars for 20 years?
bigmama

發表發表於: 星期四 十一月 29, 2007 7:24 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

I am in my early 30s and planning to have kids.

Looking for a 3 bed room unit in HK island. I think HK will do OK in the next 10 to 20 years. approx. 3~2 % growth. But I think China will prosper in the near future and may take over USA as the biggest economy.

I am a pessimistic and not very interest in stocks.

I will kick myself if my unit lose a million dollars.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
nelf

發表發表於: 星期四 十一月 29, 2007 9:25 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

bigmama 寫到:
I am in my early 30s and planning to have kids.

Looking for a 3 bed room unit in HK island. I think HK will do OK in the next 10 to 20 years. approx. 3~2 % growth. But I think China will prosper in the near future and may take over USA as the biggest economy.

I am a pessimistic and not very interest in stocks.

I will kick myself if my unit lose a million dollars.

If you are serious about baby.. then you don't really have much choice.. since a 3 bedroom unit in HK island will pretty much eat up all of the one million just for the down payment and renovations..so I don't think spend it all on a house is the best strategy..

it really depended on your level of disposable income.. if it is high,. I would definitely go renting or buy a small unit for now.. and put up a real portfolio.. since stocks always.. i mean ALWAYS outperforms realty in the 20-25 year bracket.. given that you don't go super aggressive.. and diverse your portfolio wisely..

sometimes the best strategy is to gain with time.. if you are in the early 30s, it's a pretty good time to buy some big healthy stocks.. I would set aside maybe half of it and buy into maybe 8 stocks.. buy big, prominent companies.. maybe 5 china and 3 overseas. actually you don't really have to choose, just buy what you know.. it doesn't really matter..but you have to assume that company won't go bankrupt for the next 20-25 years..

and the most important thing is: forget it!.. it will very likely becomes a small fortune in 20-25 years time. .given that you can resist the temptation of selling it..

historical data suggests buying emerging market stock usually gives you a healthy 8 to 8.5 percent annual in a linear investment given the companies that you have invested in didn't go bankrupt.. you can do your own calculations.. how much it's gonna be.. you can even cutout one of the companies in your calculations, assumes that one goes bankrupted..

actually this is not my bullshit, it's Buffet's. so if anything goes wrong.. blame him!! Very Happy

the reason to buy some oversea stocks is to prevent a total meltdown of china's economy, just to cover our asses.. (i still think it is reasonable to assume china's economy will take a hit at some point in the next 10-15 years)..

of course. you can buy a house. but I recommend not to buy too big.. since you are losing opportunity cost against the stock market.. (or wait until your wife got pregnant)

and the worst thing you can do with your money now other than spending it all is to put it in a bank. and in this negative interest era.. you are actually making money with you take out a loan..

in the end: good luck to you, this is just my 2 cent.
bigmama

發表發表於: 星期五 十一月 30, 2007 3:33 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

Thank you for your detail analysis. It helps!
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
littlelittle

註冊時間: 2006-04-04
文章: 1725

發表發表於: 星期五 十一月 30, 2007 4:28 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

IMHO... HK is hopeless... don't spend too much for long term properties investment...
bigmama

發表發表於: 星期五 十一月 30, 2007 8:55 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

What is IMHO?
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
littlelittle

註冊時間: 2006-04-04
文章: 1725

發表發表於: 星期五 十一月 30, 2007 9:48 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

bigmama 寫到:
What is IMHO?
in my humble opinion
Cheesecake

註冊時間: 2007-05-13
文章: 108
來自: North Point

發表發表於: 星期六 十二月 01, 2007 4:09 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

????????
1. ??
2. ?????
3. ????/??

??factors?positive???, ???????

???????apply Wink

Notes:
???????????,
?????????????,
??????,
??????????????????
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
bigmama

發表發表於: 星期二 十二月 04, 2007 3:32 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

I read from other forum that the afforability of a home loan is the 3~6 years of the total family annual income. Is that true?? If my family annual income is 400k, then I should be able to afford a 2.4 million homeloan.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
Cheesecake

註冊時間: 2007-05-13
文章: 108
來自: North Point

發表發表於: 星期二 十二月 04, 2007 12:23 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

???la,
????Excel ? built-in "???????.xls",
fill in ?????;???;?????,
???"??????"?

??????? > or = "??????" x2 ??,
?????????

???????????, ????, ??????excel ???????

?????????mortgage?
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
nelf

發表發表於: 星期三 十二月 05, 2007 4:28 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

bigmama 寫到:
I read from other forum that the afforability of a home loan is the 3~6 years of the total family annual income. Is that true?? If my family annual income is 400k, then I should be able to afford a 2.4 million homeloan.

No, depends on your relationship with your bank, or someone who know how to get a loan.

2.4 is a safe guess.. but really depends on how aggressive you are.

affortability really depends on your total expenditure.. how much money you can make way to afford the loan.
從之前的文章開始顯示:   
發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ?? 所有的時間均為 台灣時間 (GMT + 8 小時)
1頁(共1頁)

前往:  
無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票