coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house
??????, ??, ??????

常見問題常見問題   搜尋搜尋   會員列表會員列表   會員群組會員群組   會員註冊會員註冊 
 個人資料個人資料   登入檢查您的私人訊息登入檢查您的私人訊息   登入登入 

Mazzer Mini Electronic A
前往頁面 上一頁  1, 2

發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ???
上一篇主題 :: 下一篇主題  
發表人 內容
bib

註冊時間: 2007-04-21
文章: 786

發表發表於: 星期六 九月 22, 2007 7:10 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

EL 寫到:

What's wrong with my 4x5x?? Nothing wrong except it could not make perfect coffee. I can only use 1.8-2 setting of my 600n to grind and tamp moderately. The flow is a bit fast and coffee came out a bit thin. Anything beyond this setting say grind finer or tamp harder or any other combination, the safety device will be triggered and the machine stop. other than that, 4x5x is fine. I don't drink coffee with milk so I can't comment on the steam part.

For my R-S (PIDed), I am happy with her and can normally make 5-6 fairly good shots out of 10 (other 2-3 is still drinkable and the rest 1-2 is totally sh-------). "Problem to make Restretto"?, I normally use the double filter and 16-17g bean to make 30-40cc coffee. I don't know to call it Espresso or Restretto will be more appropriate.

For the speed control of 600n, I surf the web and found a variable speed drive for 1/2 hp AC moter and cost us$140.-. I will go to Reclaim Street today and see if I can find something smaller and cheaper. Wish me luck.

So, your 600N could not be adjusted to finer than 1.8 setting ?
I think it may be the problem and misunderstanding.
If you post earlier, I think ZING can help with your 600N or you should get 900N with SJ burr instead of R_S.
Too bad...Since it seems like the grind is not fine enough for your 4050 before.
Do you mind to bring your 4050 to ZING's place to test with his 600N ?
Yes, I seems forget the 600N burr setting should be very careful and precision due to our espresso need.
I guess it should be ok.
Good luck to your transformer...

bib 在 星期五 九月 28, 2007 7:13 pm 作了第 1 次修改
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
shing
Site Admin

註冊時間: 2006-03-01
文章: 1100

發表發表於: 星期六 九月 22, 2007 11:22 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

el, luck.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息 發送電子郵件 參觀發表人的個人網站
EL

註冊時間: 2007-05-05
文章: 105

發表發表於: 星期六 九月 22, 2007 12:55 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

shing 寫到:
el, luck.

Shing gor,
No luck ah. the motor or control companies told me that there is no variable speed drive for single phase motor but there is a company told me that I can change 600n's motor to another motor come with a speed controller if the size is fit. Total cost will be less than HK$700.- (Motor and controller). I may try to disassemble my 600n's casing to see if the motor size is fit.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
EL

發表發表於: 星期六 九月 22, 2007 1:00 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

bib 寫到:
EL 寫到:

What's wrong with my 4x5x?? Nothing wrong except it could not make perfect coffee. I can only use 1.8-2 setting of my 600n to grind and tamp moderately. The flow is a bit fast and coffee came out a bit thin. Anything beyond this setting say grind finer or tamp harder or any other combination, the safety device will be triggered and the machine stop. other than that, 4x5x is fine. I don't drink coffee with milk so I can't comment on the steam part.

For my R-S (PIDed), I am happy with her and can normally make 5-6 fairly good shots out of 10 (other 2-3 is still drinkable and the rest 1-2 is totally sh-------). "Problem to make Restretto"?, I normally use the double filter and 16-17g bean to make 30-40cc coffee. I don't know to call it Espresso or Restretto will be more appropriate.

For the speed control of 600n, I surf the web and found a variable speed drive for 1/2 hp AC moter and cost us$140.-. I will go to Reclaim Street today and see if I can find something smaller and cheaper. Wish me luck.

If you post earlier, I think SHING can help with your 600N or you should get 900N with SJ burr instead of R_S.
Too bad...Since it seems like the grind is not fine enough for your 4050 before.
Do you mind to bring your 4050 to Shing's place to test with his 600N ?
Yes, I seems forget the 600N burr setting should be very careful and precision due to our espresso need.
I guess it should be ok.

No problem with my 600n. It can grind to fine enough, even more than enough, for espresso. The problem is the 4x5x. If I grind it finer or tamp it harder, the flow will be slower and pressure will build up then trigger the biult-in safety device to stop the machine.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
bib

發表發表於: 星期六 九月 22, 2007 6:42 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

EL 寫到:

No problem with my 600n. It can grind to fine enough, even more than enough, for espresso. The problem is the 4x5x. If I grind it finer or tamp it harder, the flow will be slower and pressure will build up then trigger the biult-in safety device to stop the machine.

Hello EL,

Grind finer may be enough, no need to tamp harder.
I normally follow my roaster/coffee master's advice:
If the flow too fast; grind finer.
If the flow too slow or no espresso comes out; grind coarser.
According to tamping, I found that I do never need 30-40 pounds theory.
Shing told me tamp too hard will change the shape of the coffee compound.
No good ga. We tamp to decrease air inside the puck; this is the aim of tamping.
So, I think use a normal pressure to tamp as you feel comfortable and only adjust the grind setting to tune the flow.

Anyway, you bought R_S already.
The 4050 still with you ??
Try to adjust the grind setting and use the same pressure to tamp.
I used 4020, the 600N always set to 1.5-1.8; to have perfect shot.
Open filter handle is great, of course.
***Do you have the non pressurized basket and open filter?
Sorry, I think it may be the trick to make perfect shot of 4020.
Thanks
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
EL

發表發表於: 星期一 九月 24, 2007 9:12 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

bib 寫到:
EL 寫到:

Hello EL,

Grind finer may be enough, no need to tamp harder.
I normally follow my roaster/coffee master's advice:
If the flow too fast; grind finer.
If the flow too slow or no espresso comes out; grind coarser.
According to tamping, I found that I do never need 30-40 pounds theory.
Shing told me tamp too hard will change the shape of the coffee compound.
No good ga. We tamp to decrease air inside the puck; this is the aim of tamping.
So, I think use a normal pressure to tamp as you feel comfortable and only adjust the grind setting to tune the flow.
Anyway, you bought R_S already.
The 4050 still with you ??
Try to adjust the grind setting and use the same pressure to tamp.
I used 4020, the 600N always set to 1.5-1.8; to have perfect shot.
Open filter handle is great, of course.
***Do you have the non pressurized basket and open filter?
Sorry, I think it may be the trick to make perfect shot of 4020.
Thanks

Hi Bib,
Thanks for your advice. You still don't get the point, the problem is the 4x5x equiped with a safety device, which 4x2x donsen't have, and it will stop the machine once the pressure exceeded the set limited. In other word, the flow has to be fast enough (too fast for a good espresso) to keep the pressure within limited. It's nothing can be done on the grind or tamp to resolve this problem. To really resolve this problem, OPV is one of the best solution.
I have change to non-pressurized filter since I first visit Landy's shop.
I still have my 4x5x with me but not using it since I have my Silvia on the bench.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
bib

發表發表於: 星期一 九月 24, 2007 9:32 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

ic now.
R_S.
If we met earlier.
4020, Evolution, Baby OR Oscar even better ar...
Anyway, the most important thing is you enjoy the R_S.
Thanks
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
tommy

註冊時間: 2008-02-18
文章: 1

發表發表於: 星期二 二月 19, 2008 4:26 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

bib 寫到:
ic now.
R_S.
If we met earlier.
4020, Evolution, Baby OR Oscar even better ar...
Anyway, the most important thing is you enjoy the R_S.
Thanks

Hi Guys,

it's really a good looking grinder!
Where can you buy it in Hong Kong and how much?

thanks in advance
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
littlelittle

註冊時間: 2006-04-04
文章: 1725

發表發表於: 星期二 二月 19, 2008 5:28 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

tommy 寫到:

Hi Guys,

it's really a good looking grinder!
Where can you buy it in Hong Kong and how much?

thanks in advance

http://freshcoffeentea.no-ip.info/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=374
kckc

註冊時間: 2006-03-15
文章: 1918

發表發表於: 星期三 二月 20, 2008 1:10 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

bib 寫到:
EL 寫到:

If you post earlier, I think ZING can help with your 600N or you should get 900N with SJ burr instead of R_S.
Do you mind to bring your 4050 to ZING's place to test with his 600N ?
I guess it should be ok.

He means....
when the grinder is set finer than 1.8...
the pressure will be too high...
and the sensor will be triggered..
finally not enough 10cc espresso for EL to drink Laughing
從之前的文章開始顯示:   
發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ??? 所有的時間均為 台灣時間 (GMT + 8 小時)
前往頁面 上一頁  1, 2
2頁(共2頁)

前往:  
無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票