coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house
??????, ??, ??????

常見問題常見問題   搜尋搜尋   會員列表會員列表   會員群組會員群組   會員註冊會員註冊 
 個人資料個人資料   登入檢查您的私人訊息登入檢查您的私人訊息   登入登入 

Updated~~My Breadmaker and headgun coffee roaster(????
前往頁面 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  下一頁

發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ????
上一篇主題 :: 下一篇主題  
發表人 內容
sugilun - Tony

註冊時間: 2008-07-03
文章: 142
來自: Australia

發表發表於: 星期四 七月 03, 2008 6:37 am    文章主題: Updated~~My Breadmaker and headgun coffee roaster(???? 引言回覆

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

sugilun - Tony 在 星期日 十一月 23, 2008 2:44 pm 作了第 1 次修改
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
nelf

註冊時間: 2006-11-21
文章: 318

發表發表於: 星期四 七月 03, 2008 8:13 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

awsome.. how does it compare to the cr-100?
sugilun - Tony

發表發表於: 星期四 七月 03, 2008 8:36 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

The max patch size for cr-100 is 130g (I reckon). But the breadmaker can roast up to 1kg depends on the size of the basket. I use my cr-100 as a sample roaster and the breadmaker heat gun to roast a larger patch (normally 300g). Also, the cr-100 doesn't have temp control. So u can't really control the roast (U can't ramp). But as u can see, for the breadmaker, i inserted a temp probe into the basket and have a driller holder which can adjust the height of the heat gun, there is more conrtol of the roasting temp. The breadmaker heatgun method is called the "corretto" in Australia. Use "corretto" as a keyword for research if anyone interested. U can also find video from u tube.

Having said that, u can't compare any domestic roaster and the breadmaker heatgun to the commerical roaster. As the commercial roaster has a better temp control. U will know when u compare the graph between the both

Tony
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
vodkangump

註冊時間: 2008-05-14
文章: 287

發表發表於: 星期一 十一月 03, 2008 6:40 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

I am trying the popper to roast bean and it is pretty difficult to control as the roast is quite uneven and it goes into very deep roast often. I am looking for other setup or machine such as Hottop. I saw your Corretto, and it appears it is worth to try. do you have any further comment, as comparing with popper and Hottop. Thanks Tony.

VG
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
sugilun - Tony

發表發表於: 星期日 十一月 23, 2008 2:24 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

Hi VG,

I recently built a new one. It works very very gd. I'm very impressed with the result. I can't say it's better than the hottop cos I haven't used a hottop be4. However, one thing which is better then hottop is, it can roast up to 1Kg with gd result.
I found it is very easy to control the temperature. I'd done 3 roasts so far with my new corretto, it all came out very even. From my prespective, it gives a much better result than popper cos of its temperature control. And it's very cheap to built. My current one costs me $108 AUS (included Digital thermometer). So, it's cheaper than hottop and other domestic roaster.
If u are interested, u can pm me and i can give u my msn. So we can talk about the details.

Cheers,

Tony.

sugilun - Tony 在 星期日 十一月 23, 2008 2:48 pm 作了第 3 次修改
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
sugilun - Tony

發表發表於: 星期日 十一月 23, 2008 2:40 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

Maybe I should post my new corretto setup and the result

??????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????? ????????????????
????????????????????????????
??????????????????

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????? ?

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

????

?????????????)

?????????? ?

????????????????????? ????????????????

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
vodkangump

發表發表於: 星期一 十一月 24, 2008 4:32 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

sugilun - Tony 寫到:
Maybe I should post my new corretto setup and the result

??????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????? ????????????????
??????????????????

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????? ?

Hello Tony,

Thanks for your sharing. I have also setup a Corretto and the pricelist(HK$):

1. Breadmaker - $250 (from 2nd hand shop but brand new, I guess a new one costs about $600)
2. Heatgun - $250 (with variable temperature up to 600 deg, 2 wind speed, from Apliu St)
3. tripod - $50 (from Apliu St)
4. Infrared thermometer - $220 (from Apliu St)
Total: HK$770

I used the popper before, and I definitely agree with you that the roasts are much more even and controllable. I made 3 roasts, ~250g, time 18-23min, weight loss 15.6%-18%. As a Corretto beginner, I can see a great improvement from the popper (surely still far away from Shing Master la).
I have no idea if it is compared with I-roast or CR-2 but the cost is more economical at least. One demerit of it is that the silver skin may be blown everywhere that it is more suitably done outdoor.

My home computer is down, so I wish I may post some photos when it is repaired.

So far, I have the problem to hear the bean crack since the process is quite noisy (from both breadmaker stirring and heatgun), I don't know if it is my machine problem or may I need to increase the roast size (say up to 350g or more) so as to make it loud. Any suggestion?

VG
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
sugilun - Tony

發表發表於: 星期一 十一月 24, 2008 7:38 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

??Infrared thermometer - $220???????????????????????????? Very Happy ???????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????
????????????????????攞???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
vodkangump

發表發表於: 星期一 十一月 24, 2008 4:40 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

I see ~ I need to train my ear~~

As a DIY home roasting method, the adjustable temperature profile is the big advantage of Corretto vai
1. variable heatgun blow temperature
2. heatgun blow speed
3. heatgun height /position
4. use pan cover to maintain /release the heat

It is really an interesting method, I love it~~ thanks for your introduction.

BTW how you would cool down the bean?
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
sugilun - Tony

發表發表於: 星期二 十一月 25, 2008 5:33 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

I'm glad u like this setting. I can't take all the credits as I'm not the one who invent it. But I'm happy to share the information from Australia to Hong Kong coffee fans. Thx to "Corretto" - the one who invent this roasting method.

???????????????????????????????????????????? Very Happy

回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
leung

註冊時間: 2008-06-27
文章: 34

發表發表於: 星期二 十一月 25, 2008 4:23 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

hi tony,
do your heatgun got a temp. setting? What temp. you are using?

Lucky me, i got all eletric in my kitchen, but i never think to roast bean, let me try this week end. Razz
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
sugilun - Tony

發表發表於: 星期三 十一月 26, 2008 1:42 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

Mine has two temp settings. One is 60 degree and the other one is 600. I switch my heatgun to its highest power setting. I adjust the height to control the heat.

Happy roasting. Have fun

Tony.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
leung

註冊時間: 2008-06-27
文章: 34

發表發表於: 星期三 十一月 26, 2008 2:29 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

hi tony
thanks for the reply, do you have good idea for the bean chaff collect. Rolling Eyes

and the heatgun temp. yours is Fahrenheit, isn't it

leung 在 星期六 十一月 29, 2008 4:14 pm 作了第 1 次修改
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
sugilun - Tony

發表發表於: 星期三 十一月 26, 2008 4:45 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

Nknockknock~It is in degree C
Sorry, I'm not sure what are u talking about "bean skin connect"?. But for the chaff, I just use the fan to blow all the chaff on the floor and sweep them to the lawn~~
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
vodkangump

發表發表於: 星期三 十一月 26, 2008 5:44 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

sugilun - Tony 寫到:
I'm glad u like this setting. I can't take all the credits as I'm not the one who invent it. But I'm happy to share the information from Australia to Hong Kong coffee fans. Thx to "Corretto" - the one who invent this roasting method.

???????????????????????????????????????????? Very Happy

I look forwards to your new test.

I used fan and screen to cool ~80g bean from popper before and it took about 4 min to room temp. Recently I try to use vacuum cleaner to cool ~200g from Corretto, and it takes 2 min only, pretty effective. Perhaps you may try try.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
從之前的文章開始顯示:   
發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ???? 所有的時間均為 台灣時間 (GMT + 8 小時)
前往頁面 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  下一頁
1頁(共8頁)

前往:  
無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票