coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house
??????, ??, ??????

常見問題常見問題   搜尋搜尋   會員列表會員列表   會員群組會員群組   會員註冊會員註冊 
 個人資料個人資料   登入檢查您的私人訊息登入檢查您的私人訊息   登入登入 

????
前往頁面 1, 2  下一頁

發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ??嘢??
上一篇主題 :: 下一篇主題  
發表人 內容
landy

註冊時間: 2006-03-12
文章: 9966
來自: http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/freshcoffeentea

發表發表於: 星期一 一月 05, 2009 9:14 am    文章主題: ???? 引言回覆

http://food.tvb.com/coffeeconfidential/

http://mytv.tvb.com/food/coffeeconfidential/8238

???.

Rolling Eyes

回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息 發送電子郵件 參觀發表人的個人網站
estellaho

註冊時間: 2008-10-24
文章: 8

發表發表於: 星期一 一月 05, 2009 9:19 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

?, ??????, ???LANDY??????...????
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
littlelittle

註冊時間: 2006-04-04
文章: 1725

發表發表於: 星期一 一月 05, 2009 10:12 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

????... ???????...

????EXPECTATION....
seiyapicasso

註冊時間: 2006-03-14
文章: 2024
來自: ??

發表發表於: 星期二 一月 06, 2009 3:42 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

??download ??.....??????, ?expectation, ?????????????????(???????d), ?????.

?????......................^_~
??, ?????, ?????????????....
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息 MSN Messenger
kawaiix

註冊時間: 2007-05-28
文章: 14

發表發表於: 星期三 一月 07, 2009 5:58 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

Watched it on tv, about 10% real content, 90% crap.

TVB must've put in considerable amount of resources in producing this program. They sent a crew all over the world, went to some really out of the way locations, and the result was incredibly shallow and uninformative, complete with a disgustingly pretentious host.

The topic of the first episode (Jan 4th) was about Kopi Luwak, ?? first went to Intercontinental Hotel for a cup. Drank a cup of pod coffee and exclaimed how great it was (as if pod coffee that's been sitting on a shelf for gods know how long could be any good), and wave that piece of certificate at the camera as if a piece of computer printed piece of paper actually means anything.

Second part was more interesting. The crew actually went to Indonesia to look for some original kopi luwak. ?? talked to some local coffee farmers in bad english asking for kopi luwak, eventually finding someone who produces the stuff. Spent a few minutes showing local traditional coffee making technique (very similar to traditional Ethiopian coffee ritual I read about). Next part, some stuff that's actually informative about how kopi luwak is produced and some info on the civet animal.

Positive:

- the bit in Indonesia was actually interesting, nice to see (for about 15 seconds) real coffee farmers. And I'd never seen a civet beyond some static pictures on the net.

Negative:

- pretentious host, can't stand the man. ?? claims to be a big coffee fan and yet does not seem to know very much about the stuff. During the hotel segment he went on and on about how "special" the kopi luwak is because they use a "special" machine to brew it in. He doesn't seem to realize that pre-grinded, pre-packaged pods are unlikely to be any good. Plus they showed him enjoying Starbucks coffee in a paper cup (ew!)

- they spent all that money and effort to go to rural Indonesia, and all they did was a really shallow bit on this very niched, over-priced, and over-hyped coffee. It would've been far more interesting to show how everyday coffee farmers work, how much money they make off from coffee (how many cents do they really get from a HK$20 cup of coffee, really?). What kind of hardships do they face? How is the global economy affecting them? Have things gotten better or worse for them over the years? How 'bout a little real content here?

All in all, it was a wasted opportunity. TVB could've done something really special with the amazing raw material they have and all we got is the usual shallow, pompous crap from Hong Kong television. It was like taking some top quality wagyu (??) and made HK street vendor meatballs on stick with it.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
dodo

註冊時間: 2008-01-16
文章: 599

發表發表於: 星期四 一月 08, 2009 5:57 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

????WBC???????... ????????

?TVB???????... ?NGC/Discovery?????...
max077

註冊時間: 2006-06-12
文章: 549
來自: HKSAR

發表發表於: 星期四 一月 08, 2009 7:12 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

littlelittle 寫到:
????... ???????...

????EXPECTATION....

http://forum.8cyber.com/flv/player/waPlayer.swf?vcode=1166&Adress=http://forum.8cyber.com/flv/player/
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息 MSN Messenger
kawaiix

發表發表於: 星期日 一月 11, 2009 3:23 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

Second episode is actually pretty good. TVB managed to find a good balance between substance and flash this time.

First part: WBC, 'nuff said. Interviewed a Chinese contestant who didn't do well. Hope he does better next time.

Second part: the host went to 2 different cafes in Copenhagen. Interviewed a former champ, and stopped at a tiny cafe.

Third part: Illy! Freshly roasted coffee is the way to go so I'm skeptical of canned coffee, even from Illy. Still, nobody can deny what Illy has accomplished in the field over the years. Seeing the inside of their plant was fascinating.

Last part: a historical cafe and restaurant. Both the food and coffee looks pretty good on screen. Hope I will have a chance to visit someday.

Positive: almost the entire episode is good, ?? ask the interviewees some questions and get out of the way and let them talk. Best kind of interview there is. They also got some really beautiful footage of Italy.

Negative: ?? :P Why the hell was he posing in the middle of a square with a cup? That looked so retarded. At least he wasn't drinking Starbucks this time.

kawaiix 在 星期日 二月 15, 2009 4:54 pm 作了第 1 次修改
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
kawaiix

發表發表於: 星期日 二月 15, 2009 4:52 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

Haven't been watching this while it was broadcasted. I just can't be bother to sit in front of the TV.

Third episode is not bad. It starts out in a coffee farm in Kenya. Spends a good amount of time on farm operations, then the show goes into some very good information on the coffee plant and its growing cycle (hell, there are people don't even know coffee is a plant). Next, an extended explanation on wet processing, coffee grading according to size.

So far, so good.

Then ?? goes and ruin it by acting stupid at the drying pans and around the coffee plant.

A few minutes was spent with an African barista champion Jon Muli Makau, spotlighting his signature drink.

Jump to Copenhagen at the SCAE competition. This segment was way too short, and completely failed to show the significance of the SCAE.

Jump to Indonesia. A quick explanation on the difference between arabica and robusta was given. Completely glossed over why you don't want to drink robusta, especially since they specifically mention off the shelve canned coffee and instant. A way too short explanation on dry processing was given. I don't understand why they managed so well with the part about wet processing, and ended up so brief about dry processing.

Jump to Taiwan. ?? sat down with a shop owner and had a drink made from a horizontal siphon brewer (wish I can get one of those). I should mention that ?? actually demonstrated proper cupping technique here. Then they went to a coffee farm in Taiwan. Huh? Coffee farm in Taiwan? First time I'd heard of it. As far as I know Taiwan doesn't have enough altitude required to grow arabica well, so I'm rather skeptical about the quality. If anyone here actually had a taste of taiwanese coffee, please let the rest us know.

Show ends back at the WBC, focusing on the taiwanese competitor and his signature drink.

Positive: the Kenyan portion is very good. I'm sure the very informative run down on coffee farm, coffee plant, and wet processing will open a lot of eyes.

Negative: SCAE segment was so uninformative that it may as well not have been there. The significance of robusta was completely glossed over. If the show is suppose to be about good coffee, then the audience must be informed about bad coffee, where it comes from, how instant and canned coffee is made should've been demonstrated, and why you really don't want to drink that crap. Then again I guess that would've pissed off their major sponsor.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
SimonCHAN

註冊時間: 2008-05-31
文章: 270
來自: HKSAR

發表發表於: 星期一 二月 16, 2009 11:20 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

kawaiix 寫到:
Jump to Taiwan. ?? sat down with a shop owner and had a drink made from a horizontal siphon brewer (wish I can get one of those). I should mention that ?? actually demonstrated proper cupping technique here. Then they went to a coffee farm in Taiwan. Huh? Coffee farm in Taiwan? First time I'd heard of it. As far as I know Taiwan doesn't have enough altitude required to grow arabica well, so I'm rather skeptical about the quality. If anyone here actually had a taste of taiwanese coffee, please let the rest us know.

?????????????????????????
??????????????

http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/pindonkapi-twkapi/article?mid=5659&prev=5664&next=5657

SimonCHAN
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
nelf

註冊時間: 2006-11-21
文章: 318

發表發表於: 星期一 二月 16, 2009 5:40 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

I found the show satisfactory.. in truth.. i don't have much expectations..

but as long as it can make people interested in coffee.. it's ok.
chobitsken

註冊時間: 2006-09-11
文章: 263

發表發表於: 星期一 二月 16, 2009 5:41 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

?? is using rancilio silvia. He said "I can make a good expresso after 7 cups by using this machine, so you see, it is so difficult." Shocked
I hope I did not get something wrong la Rolling Eyes
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
chobitsken

註冊時間: 2006-09-11
文章: 263

發表發表於: 星期一 二月 16, 2009 5:41 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

nelf 寫到:

agree
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
kawaiix

發表發表於: 星期二 二月 17, 2009 3:50 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

nelf 寫到:

Depends on how you look at it. Some parts are really good, some parts less so, and some are plain bad.

Like that craptacular first episode about Kopi Luwak. After that episode came out, I couldn't go anywhere without misinformed people going on and on about ???? and how they spent money at 5 star hotels thinking that's the best coffee there is.

It's good that it makes at least some people interest in coffee. It's bad that at least some parts of the show is seriously misinforming people.

kawaiix 在 星期日 二月 22, 2009 3:28 am 作了第 1 次修改
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
kawaiix

發表發表於: 星期二 二月 17, 2009 5:25 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

episode 4

This episode could've been good, ?? went and pretty much ruined it.

?? starts off the show by showing off a sports car and pretends to drive around Italy in it. I think all they did was rented the car for an hour or so and shot footage of him driving in circles and super-impose a map on the screen.

First location: Venice, Italy (I sure would've like to see him try to drive in Venice in that sports car). Posed around a nameless historical cafe, gave some good historical information. Interviewed the owner, one Mr. Franco Ottaviani. Mr. Ottaviani gave a concise and brief history of coffee. Showed off a few coffee drinks served in that cafe. At the end of the interview ?? gave Mr. Ottaviani his autograph. WTF would want your autograph?!

Second location: Turin, Italy (pretended to drive over). Another nameless historical cafe and dessert shop where he ordered coffee in broken Italian. Drank the coffee and went "buono!", ate the dessert and went "buono!" again. How 'bout actually describing the taste of what you are eating/drinking instead? Jackass.

(buono: Italian adjective for 'good', more specifically when used to imply food possesses a pleasant palate)

Third location: still in Turin. Yet another nameless historical cafe. Spoke of cafe culture in Italy, specifically the odd pricing of espresso: sitting down costs considerably more than standing. Sample several coffee drinks served in the cafe. Again, each time he takes a sip he went "buono!" and did not at all describe the drinks. This is so getting on my nerves. Stop it.

After the commercial, he jumps to Nairobi, Kenya. Spent a few minutes at the coffee auction. Finally, some real content. Then he went around the sampling room with a clipboard pretending to be doing something useful.

Jump to Copenhagen, posed like a retarded tourist in front of a statue of H.C. Anderson. Then he went to a cafe that is opened in the same location of the cafe where Anderson used to frequent. I'm not sure what's the point of going to a cafe that's no longer there.

Back to WBC again (these quick cuts are really getting to me). This time he's talking to a guy with a coffee stand serving hand cranked espresso. The operator is kinda funny, why didn't you get his name?

Walked around the floor of the coffee product convention. Turns out ?? has a Silvia and Rocky combo which is quite a respectable setup. Then he said he has to throw out like 7 cups before he could get one good cup. Not so respectable.

Last stop: Jakarta, Indonesia. Spent a few minutes in a cafe, had a few snacks, spent a few minutes talking about cafe culture in Indonesia. No mention of how the coffee was, again.

Positive: the Italian segments were merely OK at best. I like the beautiful footages of Italy, too bad ??'s presence ruined it. The cafe owner, Franco Ottaviani, saved that segment by being actually informative. The coffee auction in Kenya was interesting as well.

Negative: ??. I was kinda warming up to him after the very good 2nd episode, and the very adequate 3rd episode. This episode, however, ?? went back to super pretentious mode again. The bit with the sports car I could handle, but going "buono!" over and over and over again really got on my nerves. He did not at all talked about coffee he was drinking and how they tasted. Stop using Italian if you don't actually know the language. Only about half of this episode is informative in anyway.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
從之前的文章開始顯示:   
發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ??嘢?? 所有的時間均為 台灣時間 (GMT + 8 小時)
前往頁面 1, 2  下一頁
1頁(共2頁)

前往:  
無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票