coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house
??????, ??, ??????

常見問題常見問題   搜尋搜尋   會員列表會員列表   會員群組會員群組   會員註冊會員註冊 
 個人資料個人資料   登入檢查您的私人訊息登入檢查您的私人訊息   登入登入 

????
前往頁面 上一頁  1, 2

發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ??嘢??
上一篇主題 :: 下一篇主題  
發表人 內容
kawaiix

註冊時間: 2007-05-28
文章: 14

發表發表於: 星期日 二月 22, 2009 4:16 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

episode 5

Started of in a cafe in Kenya where a traditional Ethiopian coffee ceremony was performed. Almost everything was in line with what I'd read about, except something bothered me: this whole thing was suppose to be Ethiopian coffee ceremony, but it took place in Kenya in a commercial venue. I wonder how much authenticity is there? ?? drank the coffee and actually commented on how it tasted this time (as oppose to repeating "buono" in the previous ep). And he seemed honest about it: he couldn't taste much of the coffee because the copious amount of burning incense in the room covered it up. Was the incense suppose to be there in a truly traditional coffee ceremony? I really don't know.

Jump to Padua, Italy. Spoke with a Michelin chef, Stefano Agostini, who prepared a five course meal where all the dishes were based on coffee in someways. Somewhat interesting.

Jump to Taiwan. Showed a Taiwanese drink where they mix ??, ??, and coffee in a bamboo container. Very weird.

Still in Taiwan after the commercial. This time he's in a historical cafe which has some old roasters, grinders and coffee makers on display. ?? made an attempt at bad humor by pretending to steal the hourglass. Yawn.

Demonstrated ice-drip coffee. I'd never had proper ice-drip coffee, so I don't know if it is worth all the effort. And I don't know if this particular segment is any good or not.

Next part is a restaurant with coffee based chinese food. I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of mixing coffee with chinese food. ?? ate this really weird coffee ground wrapped in sliced lime, and responded with the appropriate amount of disgust.

Jump to the Bodum shop in Denmark (very odd that they show the store front but neglect to actually mention the name in audio). Showed several french presses. ?? went and play with a hand grinder and think it's a big deal. Asked the staff about the difference between a hand and electric grinder. The staff replied it's the burr grinder that makes a difference. Okay... ?? goes and make pretentious statements about morning coffees.

Goes to a small cafe and made a big deal about latte art.

Ends at WBC again, focusing on the Singapore competitor this time. These last two bits seems like time filler than anything else.

Positive: this episode started off strong with the Ethiopian coffee ceremony. Good bits with the chef in Italy. The Bodum shop was nice, only because I wanna go do some shopping there.

Negative: the rest of the episode was kinda meh. I was neither informed nor entertained.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
stanl

註冊時間: 2009-03-11
文章: 24

發表發表於: 星期五 四月 17, 2009 5:30 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

this programme is just so so
but dont blame ?? too much. he just did what TVB and the director told him to do.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
從之前的文章開始顯示:   
發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ??嘢?? 所有的時間均為 台灣時間 (GMT + 8 小時)
前往頁面 上一頁  1, 2
2頁(共2頁)

前往:  
無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票