coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house
??????, ??, ??????

常見問題常見問題   搜尋搜尋   會員列表會員列表   會員群組會員群組   會員註冊會員註冊 
 個人資料個人資料   登入檢查您的私人訊息登入檢查您的私人訊息   登入登入 

Okada Coffee, TST

發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ???
上一篇主題 :: 下一篇主題  
發表人 內容
boblam
Site Admin

註冊時間: 2007-05-04
文章: 294

發表發表於: 星期日 二月 07, 2010 2:33 pm    文章主題: Okada Coffee, TST 引言回覆

Drop by today and shortly here.

This Kumamoto (??) in Kyushu (??), Japan based coffee roasted almost all bean locally via hot air roaster which they installed in front of the cafe.

Quite entertaining to watch the roasting as its parts are mostly made of glass.

As expected from hot air roaster, the body was quite thin and overall taste was quite subdued, nowhere near beans that were drum roasted (which was mostly used by HK local roasters)

Roasted on a dark side (oily bean seen), all acidity was hard to come by so it may fit HK people's taste profile.

Very expensive... $60 for a paper drip brewed Guat and Colombia (microlot)... Reminding me of Kitamura coffee but at a much lower price. You could also do much better with beans from Landy and brew it at home (not much investment and difficult for paper drip brew though) I would only drop by if I'm in the area but think most local roasters are much better, particularly value for the money. You can try its house blend but this one was imported (ie roasted in Japan)

I like cakes there a lot though. Taste fresh, particularly its cream on top of the cake.

boblam 在 星期日 二月 07, 2010 7:46 pm 作了第 1 次修改
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
littlelittle

註冊時間: 2006-04-04
文章: 1725

發表發表於: 星期日 二月 07, 2010 5:35 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

When the cafe was just opened, my wife and I did shopping in that shopping arcade. I felt interesting to their fresh roasted beam and asked the waitress what the character of their three different beams. The little lady just said "Aroma, ???." Well well well, I should give you some hints, gal. I told her there was hundred different aroma and ask if she could explain more. She told me again, "Coffee aroma, ??? ?????O????? ??D??D??????????????????????"

OK, I gave up and didn't purchase anything. Sorry for your time....
boblam
Site Admin

發表發表於: 星期日 二月 07, 2010 8:04 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

Thks for the comment. I looked at the bean and wanted to buy

The locally roasted ones (was told roasted within 1 week) had oil all over

The imported blend looks better but I'm not in the mood for a possibility of staleness.

The head waitress (seemed to me) told me all coffee are not "sour" only the imported one and the Blue Mountain (locally roasted!!!) are the way to go if I want acidity.

Nevertheless, I didn't buy it at all.

Talking about the coffee again, it's quite smooth though I thought I had a "good" instant coffee (oxymoron!!! Very Happy) at my first sip, only to realize some body after many sips later. Somehow, it's not too bad but not at this price.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
cs

註冊時間: 2009-04-07
文章: 19

發表發表於: 星期二 二月 16, 2010 3:47 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

hi!

Could you send the address to me?

Thanks
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
boblam
Site Admin

發表發表於: 星期二 二月 16, 2010 7:40 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

Okada Coffee ????
Shop38,G/F,Chungking Mansion,36-44Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui
??????36- 44???????38??
Japanese
2367 0332
$41-$100
http://www.openrice.com/english/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=36498

The link showed the map and other detail,

The shop is in the Woodhouse section
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
SoloC

註冊時間: 2008-04-25
文章: 76

發表發表於: 星期三 二月 17, 2010 5:41 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

I tried that cafe in the winter break. The coffee are good as long as you ordered SO. I think it is a good start as far as promoting coffee as something special. It is too pricey but better than 5* Hotel.

P.S: their house blend is not that interesting.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息 MSN Messenger
從之前的文章開始顯示:   
發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ??? 所有的時間均為 台灣時間 (GMT + 8 小時)
1頁(共1頁)

前往:  
無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票