coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house
??????, ??, ??????

常見問題常見問題   搜尋搜尋   會員列表會員列表   會員群組會員群組   會員註冊會員註冊 
 個人資料個人資料   登入檢查您的私人訊息登入檢查您的私人訊息   登入登入 

A revival of drip coffee?

發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ??????
上一篇主題 :: 下一篇主題  
發表人 內容
boblam
Site Admin

註冊時間: 2007-05-04
文章: 294

發表發表於: 星期四 六月 03, 2010 10:19 pm    文章主題: A revival of drip coffee? 引言回覆

We had a revival of good coffee which seemed to focus more on pressurized brewing from Italy like espresso. It seems to be a turn for filtered coffee.

Starting with world renowned Intellgentsia Coffee in Monadnock building, Chicago which served a single cup drip coffee brewed when you ordered using Hario V60 and Buono

See link below.

Video
http://vimeo.com/11181154

Webpage
http://www.intelligentsiacoffee.com/locations/view/Monadnock+Coffeebar

I think this is more or less a made up to the mourning over a long lost Clover single cup brewing system to Starbucks, hence something that can also provide a theatrical effect like Clover that barista can have an interaction with customers.

You will say if things happen in the US, it will take a long while before it comes to Hong Kong. How about things happen in London which, to me, Hong Kong people considered like their own backyard one needs to get it the minute a "new" thing is available in the mother land

James Hoffmann opens an everything but espresso 6 seats ONLY coffee bar in London called Penny University. Now, thats what I think will be a real catalyst for Hong Kong to really get the lowly drip coffee going.

According to the article, London is mostly espresso land (like Hong Kong now). If this shop is successful in London, there is a very high chance we will see a rack of Hario V60 and a line of Buono in cafes over here soon. Should be nice if it stays side by side with espresso machine and coffee brewed via those stocking, ie Hong Kong style coffee Very Happy

Link to article on Hoffmanns shop. Actually pictures of Intelligentsia's Monadnock looks much better but I couldn't link. See the cool hot water dispenser called "Über Boiler", the silver arch on the left hand side.

http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/05/28/ristretto-londons-penny-university/

回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
boblam
Site Admin

註冊時間: 2007-05-04
文章: 294

發表發表於: 星期日 七月 25, 2010 9:31 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

Just want to update. As you know, James Hoffman's shop above, Penny University, was no more due to the end of contract!!! Guess we won't have drip brew bar in a big way here in HK as the UK motherland gave up on this brewing method for now... Very Happy

On the other front, I like what Mark Prince said on his tweeter which is kinda on the line of "what's old becomes new again" that I totally agree about manual pourover. Here the tweet. Read upward please

引言回覆:
# And for SO's, from a pure "relax, sit back, enjoy the taste" perspective, I'll take siphon or press brew anyday, but espresso still ultimate about 6 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

# I pull SO shots from many different roasters multiple times a week, and "still haven't found what I'm looking for"... But no giving up! about 7 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

# A lot of people are giving up on espresso because of two reasons - it IS frustrating, and it doesn't showcase thir SO's as much as they hope about 7 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

# For me, the ultimate brew method remains espresso. It's challenging, difficult, frustrating as all heck, but nothing rewards as much. about 7 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

# Okay. "best thing since sliced bread" old but new again brew techniques rant over for now Smile about 7 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

# ... But that megaphone sometimes distorts as well & leads to press (re NYTimes blogger for eg) over-emphasizing something that shouldn't be. about 7 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

# NEway, the Internet gives many a megaphone, & generally in specialty coffee that's a good thing - leads to hive development & improvements about 7 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

# That there's other brew methods. Yes there are! But Chemex, Hario, pour techniques - they may be good - but they ain't be all end all! about 7 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

# Today's young discoverers of the best thing since sliced bread mainly cut their coffee chops with espresso; then they started discovering... about 7 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

# We figured out why it's amusing: you see, we're old. We went thru that discovery process 10-15+ years ago, re manual pourover etc. about 7 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

# Had a good chuckle with Inny regarding the "it's the second coming!" frenzy re manual pourover, press, brewstation you see lately. about 7 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
從之前的文章開始顯示:   
發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ?????? 所有的時間均為 台灣時間 (GMT + 8 小時)
1頁(共1頁)

前往:  
無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票