coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house
??????, ??, ??????

常見問題常見問題   搜尋搜尋   會員列表會員列表   會員群組會員群組   會員註冊會員註冊 
 個人資料個人資料   登入檢查您的私人訊息登入檢查您的私人訊息   登入登入 

Fresh get outstanding scores from coffeereview!
前往頁面 1, 2  下一頁

發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ???
上一篇主題 :: 下一篇主題  
發表人 內容
boblam
Site Admin

註冊時間: 2007-05-04
文章: 294

發表發表於: 星期三 五月 30, 2012 11:22 am    文章主題: Fresh get outstanding scores from coffeereview! 引言回覆

Our very own Fresh/hkcoffee finally get its long overdue recognition by Ken Davids of coffeereview.com. Congratulation!

Fresh/hkcoffee.com is the first hk roaster to be rated and published by coffeereview.com.

Direct link to Fresh's scoring: www.coffeereview.com/allreviews.cfm?find=fresh+coffee+and

93 points: Fresh's Sumatra Permata Gayo Fair Trade
Ken Davids' comment: "..This is particularly ( and skillfully) light-roasted presentation of this famous coffee type..."

92 point: Fresh's Ethiopian Yirghacheffe Koke Espresso
Ken Davids' comment: ..."Crisp with ripe citrus and dark cocoa notes that carry persuasively and pleasingly from aroma to short drink..."

If you dont know Ken Davids, (you cant be serious if you said you know coffee without hearing about the guy), heres his background
http://www.coffeereview.com/ken_bio.cfm

For comparison, Social Coffee Company, 1st place Roasters Choice winner, 25th annual SCAA Symposium and Exposition and 2nd place in 2011 and 2010 received 90-94 points from Davids for its coffee in 2010-2011 for 10 coffee sent to Davids. The famous Chicago based Intelligentsia received 90-94 pt for 4 coffees published during 2008-2011.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
isaac1213

註冊時間: 2011-05-10
文章: 1459

發表發表於: 星期三 五月 30, 2012 11:26 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

Congratulation!
Gaggia Classic + Eureka Mignon + ??? + OE LIDO#629 + OE LIDO 2 (1st Batch) + KONO SK-3A + KALITA 600

回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息 參觀發表人的個人網站
kelvin214

註冊時間: 2012-04-25
文章: 183

發表發表於: 星期三 五月 30, 2012 11:31 am    文章主題: Re: Fresh get outstanding scores from coffeereview! 引言回覆

boblam 寫到:
Our very own Fresh/hkcoffee finally get its long overdue recognition by Ken Davids of coffeereview.com. Congratulation!

Fresh/hkcoffee.com is the first hk roaster to be rated and published by coffeereview.com.

Direct link to Fresh's scoring: www.coffeereview.com/allreviews.cfm?find=fresh+coffee+and

93 points: Fresh's Sumatra Permata Gayo Fair Trade
Ken Davids' comment: "..This is particularly ( and skillfully) light-roasted presentation of this famous coffee type..."

92 point: Fresh's Ethiopian Yirghacheffe Koke Espresso
Ken Davids' comment: ..."Crisp with ripe citrus and dark cocoa notes that carry persuasively and pleasingly from aroma to short drink..."

If you dont know Ken Davids, (you cant be serious if you said you know coffee without hearing about the guy), heres his background
http://www.coffeereview.com/ken_bio.cfm

For comparison, Social Coffee Company, 1st place Roasters Choice winner, 25th annual SCAA Symposium and Exposition and 2nd place in 2011 and 2010 received 90-94 points from Davids for its coffee in 2010-2011 for 10 coffee sent to Davids. The famous Chicago based Intelligentsia received 90-94 pt for 4 coffees published during 2008-2011.

This is in fact a very exciting news for both Fresh Hk and we the Fresh coffee buyers. Hope it will get much better and break the record of the top.
Gonna try the reviewed coffee now.

Cong!! Very Happy
pandaray

註冊時間: 2012-04-18
文章: 479
來自: ??

發表發表於: 星期三 五月 30, 2012 12:39 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

???!
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
pazu

註冊時間: 2012-04-10
文章: 1121
來自: ??

發表發表於: 星期三 五月 30, 2012 1:40 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

????

註冊時間: 2006-04-04
文章: 1725

發表發表於: 星期三 五月 30, 2012 2:15 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

Love to hear that!
dodo

註冊時間: 2008-01-16
文章: 599

發表發表於: 星期五 六月 01, 2012 9:03 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

Shing & Landy, Congratulations!

kofeme

註冊時間: 2011-05-10
文章: 85

發表發表於: 星期五 六月 01, 2012 7:13 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

??!??! smile3 Mr. Green
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
nit

註冊時間: 2011-04-20
文章: 1195
來自: ????

發表發表於: 星期五 六月 01, 2012 8:27 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

drinkofbeer Congratulations!
Hario Drip Pot Woodneck
Eureka Mignon Manual
OE LIDO
????
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息 參觀發表人的個人網站
CoffeeRider

註冊時間: 2010-12-10
文章: 626

發表發表於: 星期五 六月 01, 2012 10:15 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

alexfan

註冊時間: 2008-09-18
文章: 266

發表發表於: 星期日 六月 03, 2012 6:56 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

Tried the Yirga, very sweet with caramel and brown sugar, nice Orange, lemon and mandarin orange type of acidity with some fruity flora type of aroma. Body is oily like typical East African washed bean. Very easy to drink SO espresso. The taste profile is much like the RH Yirga espresso.

Good work.

Alex
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
boblam
Site Admin

註冊時間: 2007-05-04
文章: 294

發表發表於: 星期日 六月 03, 2012 10:51 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

alexfan 寫到:
Tried the Yirga, very sweet with caramel and brown sugar, nice Orange, lemon and mandarin orange type of acidity with some fruity flora type of aroma. Body is oily like typical East African washed bean. Very easy to drink SO espresso. The taste profile is much like the RH Yirga espresso.

Good work.

Alex

An approval from another great coffee guy here.. Smile

A famous local foodie with blog and things implied on Rabbithole's Yirgh that it does not representative and loyal to their Farms and Terroir as yet in the taste and Rabbithole need to get the roasting right!!! Shocked

Even mentioning about how HK manages to make Yirgh tastes like cheap Brazil. Of course, no name was directly indicated as the guy knows how to write/dodge the bullet with some flexibility added to 'get away' but my understanding it seemed all pointed to Rabbithole's roaster which is Fresh and Fresh's handpicked roaster that currently works for Rabbithole! Confused

I think this is one of the reason Fresh was way overdued in getting local recognition it deserves as one of the great roasters out there so much so I think an imported recognition like this was needed to substantiate what genuine local coffee enthusiasts know all along. HK needs to develop passing this kind of thinking to move on to great coffee scene. It's happening though and it's a great news. Smile
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
Peter

註冊時間: 2011-02-18
文章: 243

發表發表於: 星期日 六月 03, 2012 3:51 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

I also think the RH Yirgacheffe is essentially the same thing/roast profile as the 92-Fresh-Yirgacheffe. Both tasted very much the same if not identical (I suppose the pressure profiled Synesso at RH added more magic to the layering than my manual profiled Strega).

The dry aroma of the Sumartran is also with a very similar signature despite the two coffees are of very different character and at different roast level. Probably its the results of very similar roast profile.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
boris

註冊時間: 2007-04-10
文章: 154

發表發表於: 星期一 六月 04, 2012 10:57 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

Let me congrat Landy and Shing gor here again, I've never doubt Fresh's ability to score high in coffee review...

Please see the rest of the comment here
http://freshcoffeentea.no-ip.info/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=53403#53403
alexfan

註冊時間: 2008-09-18
文章: 266

發表發表於: 星期一 六月 04, 2012 2:42 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

Lets focus back to the coffee.

I have tried the Sumatra as well. I found peach, apricot, almond and milk chocolate in DRY fragrance. Herby aroma came out when hot water is added. In the cup is maple syrup type of sweetness with cherry type of acidity. The body is very creamy and thick with great mouth feel. The herby and acidity became prominent when cooling. Earthy comes out at room temperature while acidity is faded, the end cup is like herbal tea.

The cleanness, high sweetness and reasonably in acidity in this coffee are not easy to be found in other Indonesian coffee. To me the aftertaste is fine but not exceptional as I am not big friend of herby and earthy, but as these are the signature of Indonesian coffee, I respect them. Overall, the cup is enjoyable.

Thx for the great work again.

Brewing parameter:
V60 hand drip 90C water
17 gram + 260 m waterl

Alex

alexfan 在 星期一 六月 04, 2012 5:25 pm 作了第 2 次修改
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
從之前的文章開始顯示:   
發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ??? 所有的時間均為 台灣時間 (GMT + 8 小時)
前往頁面 1, 2  下一頁
1頁(共2頁)

前往:  
無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票