coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house
??????, ??, ??????

常見問題常見問題   搜尋搜尋   會員列表會員列表   會員群組會員群組   會員註冊會員註冊 
 個人資料個人資料   登入檢查您的私人訊息登入檢查您的私人訊息   登入登入 

Coffee from Thailand for tasting/cupping
前往頁面 上一頁  1, 2

發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ???
上一篇主題 :: 下一篇主題  
發表人 內容
neohk

註冊時間: 2006-09-03
文章: 1095

發表發表於: 星期四 六月 28, 2007 2:55 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

shing 寫到:
from beans, i hope i can roast the original taste of that beans, if fail, everybody buy 100g kona. ^^

100g australia or 100g selecto la.. i like these two beans more

註冊時間: 2006-03-12
文章: 9966
來自: http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/freshcoffeentea

發表發表於: 星期四 六月 28, 2007 3:00 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息 發送電子郵件 參觀發表人的個人網站
Cheesecake

註冊時間: 2007-05-13
文章: 108
來自: North Point

發表發表於: 星期四 六月 28, 2007 6:41 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

Hi boblam,
May I taste the salty sour bitter chocolate beans this Sat? Cool
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
boblam
Site Admin

註冊時間: 2007-05-04
文章: 294

發表發表於: 星期四 六月 28, 2007 11:08 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

Cheesecake 寫到:
Hi boblam,

Of course! You're more than welcome... Very Happy

See you Mr. Green
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
seiyapicasso

註冊時間: 2006-03-14
文章: 2024
來自: ??

發表發表於: 星期五 六月 29, 2007 9:40 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

boblam 寫到:
Cheesecake 寫到:
Hi boblam,

Of course! You're more than welcome... Very Happy

See you Mr. Green

Salty sour bitter chocolate beans!!! WOW, what a wonderful bean, taste so many flavor at the same time!!

Guys, let say thanks to Bob! sorry notworthy

?????......................^_~
??, ?????, ?????????????....
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息 MSN Messenger
boblam
Site Admin

發表發表於: 星期五 六月 29, 2007 10:46 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

Well, seiyapicasso, please try it first before you thank me. Rolling Eyes

Hope to see you tomorrow... Wink
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
Cheesecake

註冊時間: 2007-05-13
文章: 108
來自: North Point

發表發表於: 星期六 六月 30, 2007 5:59 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

Boblam, thanks for your sharing of El Visito. Your washed arabica looks like Sumatra Mandehling with less defect beans. This batch must be triple hand-picked.
I can taste the fruity acidic and the extremely thick body texture, which is quite different from the ordinary.
Maybe the lack of distintive characteristic and aroma denote the price of that beans, but at least it taste better than my Mexican Chiapas-Proish beans.

I think blind cupping instead of knowing too much of its origin is much fair to El Visito.

Just sharing, no hard feeling
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
boblam
Site Admin

發表發表於: 星期日 七月 01, 2007 1:03 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

Cheesecake 寫到:
Boblam, thanks for your sharing of El Visito. Your washed arabica looks like Sumatra Mandehling with less defect beans. This batch must be triple hand-picked.
I can taste the fruity acidic and the extremely thick body texture, which is quite different from the ordinary.
Maybe the lack of distintive characteristic and aroma denote the price of that beans, but at least it taste better than my Mexican Chiapas-Proish beans.

I think blind cupping instead of knowing too much of its origin is much fair to El Visito.

Just sharing, no hard feeling

Wow! This is great and I have totally no hard feeling as I'm not the proprietor of this bean. If one likes it, you can contact this guy in Bangkok, another source of souvenir from BKK for coffee lovers. Smile If one doesn't, I think it's a good experience to have on regional beans. Wink

It's really a surprise to know that Thai bean is preferred to some other countries as most of the time an ordinary Thai doesn't think highly of their coffee. Rolling Eyes

I agree with you that there seemed to be no distinctive characteristics of the bean except the saltiness in espresso that kinda bothers me.

But considering the price. Wink Plus the limited option Thai has. Sad This includes high tax rate of imported coffee (90%) and strict quota. In a way, this gives less incentive for local growers to compete with those "Barbarian at the Gate"

However, I was told that there is another bean call Muan Jai (It's the northern language and the meaning is kinda like "touching the heart" or something like that), which Starbucks marketed in Hong Kong (and likely in the region) a year or two back in a rather large scale. That bean from Thailand has a rather good performance. I don't know where and how to get that bean yet. Or it may be just a brand name... Rolling Eyes
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
boblam
Site Admin

發表發表於: 星期日 七月 01, 2007 2:24 am    文章主題: Thks Fresh for making this gathering happened 引言回覆

Thank you very much for all of you who joined the coffee tasting/cupping of this coffee from Thailand, particularly the hospitality of Landy and Shing that makes it possible. notworthy
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
littlelittle

註冊時間: 2006-04-04
文章: 1725

發表發表於: 星期日 七月 01, 2007 4:37 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

Bob, it's so nice to meet you yesterday.

Oh, I forgot to ask the Japaneses lady's name. Please also say Hi to her~

Wish to see you soon.
boblam
Site Admin

發表發表於: 星期日 七月 01, 2007 5:01 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

Nice to see you too, littlelittle Surprised

Her name is Arase san (A-Ra-Se) and I'll pass the message to her.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
seiyapicasso

註冊時間: 2006-03-14
文章: 2024
來自: ??

發表發表於: 星期日 七月 01, 2007 2:00 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

Bob, very nice to meet you and your friend Arase San yesterday and thanks a lot for sharing the Thai bean to us. Cool

Your beans are such good favour to us, what a special experience for tasting Thai coffee~ Laughing

And also it made me remember that last year when I was in Bangkok, I also have tried some coffee there, one of the cafe was located in the weekend market "???", I didn't know where's their bean from, but the taste I remember is much better than StarXXXX in HK~ Wink

?????......................^_~
??, ?????, ?????????????....
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息 MSN Messenger
boblam
Site Admin

發表發表於: 星期日 七月 01, 2007 2:23 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

seiyapicasso 寫到:
Bob, very nice to meet you and your friend Arase San yesterday and thanks a lot for sharing the Thai bean to us. Cool

Your beans are such good favour to us, what a special experience for tasting Thai coffee~ Laughing

And also it made me remember that last year when I was in Bangkok, I also have tried some coffee there, one of the cafe was located in the weekend market "???", I didn't know where's their bean from, but the taste I remember is much better than StarXXXX in HK~ Wink

Great that you enjoy it. I'll pass your word to her then

I found one coffeeshop in Jatujak (Thai name of the Sunday Market) a while ago but can't get its website anymore. I think you can find more coffeeshop via this link for your next trip.

http://www.thaibarista.org/
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
從之前的文章開始顯示:   
發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ??? 所有的時間均為 台灣時間 (GMT + 8 小時)
前往頁面 上一頁  1, 2
2頁(共2頁)

前往:  
無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票