coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house
??????, ??, ??????

常見問題常見問題   搜尋搜尋   會員列表會員列表   會員群組會員群組   會員註冊會員註冊 
 個人資料個人資料   登入檢查您的私人訊息登入檢查您的私人訊息   登入登入 

Aerobie AeroPress

發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ??????
上一篇主題 :: 下一篇主題  
發表人 內容
SlowRain

註冊時間: 2008-11-28
文章: 13
來自: a Canadian expat in Taiwan

發表發表於: 星期六 十一月 29, 2008 1:25 pm    文章主題: Aerobie AeroPress 引言回覆

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in or not (sorry, I can't read Chinese very well).

How popular is the AeroPress in Hong Kong? I've been using one for almost two years now, and I love it. It is extremely versatile, allowing me to make black coffee, lattes, and iced coffee. Does anyone else here use one?

http://www.aerobie.com/Products/aeropress_story.htm

http://www.coffeegeek.com/resources/noteworthy/aerobie

(Just to let you know: despite the manufacturer's claims, it doesn't make espresso according to the culinary definition. It makes a very strong concentrate that is like an espresso.)
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
littlelittle

註冊時間: 2006-04-04
文章: 1725

發表發表於: 星期六 十一月 29, 2008 2:22 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

I heard it before, but never tried or touch it yet. Last year we tried another one in our function: http://freshcoffeentea.no-ip.info/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=745
boblam
Site Admin

註冊時間: 2007-05-04
文章: 294

發表發表於: 星期六 十一月 29, 2008 3:55 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

How popular is relative, I believe. Even french press is quite difficult to gauge how popular it is in Hong Kong as it's mostly dominated by HK styled coffee and tea and, IMHO, espresso styled coffee.

I didn't recall last time anybody discuss about aeropress in this forum. Landy told me once that it's not for espresso and I agree.

I had it once and almost bought it last time I'm in the US. However, I'm afraid I won't use it that much and I don't even have enough time to use both my french press and paper drip... Plus, it seems one need to modify the filter from paper to nylon or mesh steel to get the best out of it...
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
SlowRain

註冊時間: 2008-11-28
文章: 13
來自: a Canadian expat in Taiwan

發表發表於: 星期日 十一月 30, 2008 10:54 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

It's worth giving a try. Think of it as a paper-filtered Clover for your home.

It's quicker and easier than a French press and requires a less fussy grind, but, you're right, the paper filter will hold back the oils. However, that's not necessarily a bad thing, just a different thing. Because of it's easy clean up, it'd be great for making a good cup of coffee at the office or when you don't have the time or patience for anything else at home. And, like I said above, it's very good for iced coffee--even lattes if you don't have an espresso machine at home.

For those desiring the oils, a food-grade polyester filter can be made for it. I believe you also have to invert it when you brew. Here's a link:

http://scott.marquardt.googlepages.com/invertedaeropressingforbettercoffee
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
iamnth

註冊時間: 2008-09-19
文章: 104

發表發表於: 星期二 十二月 02, 2008 4:49 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

SlowRain 寫到:

It's quicker and easier than a French press and requires a less fussy grind, but, you're right, the paper filter will hold back the oils. However, that's not necessarily a bad thing, just a different thing. Because of it's easy clean up, it'd be great for making a good cup of coffee at the office or when you don't have the time or patience for anything else at home. And, like I said above, it's very good for iced coffee--even lattes if you don't have an espresso machine at home.

For those desiring the oils, a food-grade polyester filter can be made for it. I believe you also have to invert it when you brew. Here's a link:

I've been a user of Aeropress for a year or two.
Convenience is one huge advantage of the product, cleaning is simple while the coffee tastes good too.
Though on the website of Aerobie, it claims Aeropress makes Espresso, I totally disagree while still appreciate the clean smooth cup of coffee from it.

One really bad thing is that using the Aeropress method requires a relatively great amount of coffee beans, which is such a waste.

I've heard of the inverted method too. I think those materials needed can't be easily bought elsewhere in Hong Kong...So even if I'm interested in the resulting coffee, I still hesitate to give it a try.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
KBL

註冊時間: 2008-04-08
文章: 42

發表發表於: 星期三 一月 14, 2009 4:21 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

iamnth 寫到:
SlowRain 寫到:

I've been a user of Aeropress for a year or two.
Convenience is one huge advantage of the product, cleaning is simple while the coffee tastes good too.
Though on the website of Aerobie, it claims Aeropress makes Espresso, I totally disagree while still appreciate the clean smooth cup of coffee from it.

One really bad thing is that using the Aeropress method requires a relatively great amount of coffee beans, which is such a waste.

I've heard of the inverted method too. I think those materials needed can't be easily bought elsewhere in Hong Kong...So even if I'm interested in the resulting coffee, I still hesitate to give it a try.

Hi! I hope it's not too late to reply to this thread.

I've been using Aeropress for quite a while and using the inverted method as well. After my fruitless search for the 5# micron filter in Hong Kong, I began my own little venture - using tea bags (the empty ones you can get from Japan Home Centre or Jusco $10 Store). Simply buy a pack (around 60 to 80 ppcs each) and cut out the filter yourself. I am quite satisfied with the result. I think I can see more crema, though I am not sure whether it's just my imagination. Embarassed
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
從之前的文章開始顯示:   
發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ?????? 所有的時間均為 台灣時間 (GMT + 8 小時)
1頁(共1頁)

前往:  
無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票