coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house
??????, ??, ??????

常見問題常見問題   搜尋搜尋   會員列表會員列表   會員群組會員群組   會員註冊會員註冊 
 個人資料個人資料   登入檢查您的私人訊息登入檢查您的私人訊息   登入登入 

New toy - La Pavoni Europiccola
前往頁面 上一頁  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  下一頁

發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ??????
上一篇主題 :: 下一篇主題  
發表人 內容
alexfan

註冊時間: 2008-09-18
文章: 266

發表發表於: 星期六 二月 12, 2011 7:38 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

bib 寫到:
sorry to ask your ?? grinder ??

I find good puck...

THX

Macap M7KR
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
bib

註冊時間: 2007-04-21
文章: 786

發表發表於: 星期六 二月 12, 2011 11:05 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

alexfan 寫到:

Macap M7KR

Thank you, thats why la...
HK buy Macap ??

Actually, Levers make this kind of puck are very difficult.
I do not know it is difficult when make first few times same pucks in smaller basket .. Embarassed conical really a good burr !!

Thanks
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
alexfan

發表發表於: 星期日 四月 03, 2011 7:27 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

?????, ?OVERHAUL?GROUPHEAD?O-RING,GASKET,???PRESSURE GAUGE, ?????STEAM TIP.
?????????, ??????

回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
nyl

註冊時間: 2011-01-13
文章: 167

發表發表於: 星期五 九月 23, 2011 12:33 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

that's a really nice upgrade alex. i think i will buy the gauge as well.

after the 2-3 months of using, i realized i was too unskilled to master this machine. so i bought a gaggia classic , from there i redeveloped my skill and understanding of espresso.

today i picked up this la pavoni again using what i've learned from the semi auto machine and the result was amazing. i was pulling shots that i couldn't do previously.

the taste of its shots are very nice n smooth, but somehow without the intensity of a semi auto machine, which i appreciated.

may i ask you at what dosage you are using with the stock basket ?
i haven't fully tested it yet because i ran out of beans. my last try was a 15g dose and it worked out pretty okay.

as for the pull, do you do the so-called 'pressure profiling' ? or just the standard consistent pull ?
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
alexfan

發表發表於: 星期日 九月 25, 2011 3:05 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

nyl 寫到:
that's a really nice upgrade alex. i think i will buy the gauge as well.

after the 2-3 months of using, i realized i was too unskilled to master this machine. so i bought a gaggia classic , from there i redeveloped my skill and understanding of espresso.

today i picked up this la pavoni again using what i've learned from the semi auto machine and the result was amazing. i was pulling shots that i couldn't do previously.

the taste of its shots are very nice n smooth, but somehow without the intensity of a semi auto machine, which i appreciated.

may i ask you at what dosage you are using with the stock basket ?
i haven't fully tested it yet because i ran out of beans. my last try was a 15g dose and it worked out pretty okay.

as for the pull, do you do the so-called 'pressure profiling' ? or just the standard consistent pull ?

The Gauge is mainly for decoration purpose, you can pull a good shot without it. Yes, the shot made by lever is smooth and not exposive as semi-auto, it is good to have both so that you have choices for the type of profile you like.

I usually use 13 gram in most cases, but I also use 14 gram occasionally.

I try to keep the flow of coffee steady (high pressure initially and gradually decrease the pressure onward.

I had tried to use a bathroom scale to keep track of the pressure profile, but I do not follow through this trial:

1 bar = 14.9 pounds per square inch (psi)
9 bar = 134.1 pounds per square inch
Radius of filter = 1.05 inch
The area of the filter basket = 3.1416 * (1.05) ^ 2 = 3.46
so 9 bar = 134.1 / 3.46 = 39 pounds.

So in theory if you put the LP on a bathroom scale and record the reading on the scale, you will be able to plot the pressure profile:
The pressure (bar) apply to the LP = (Pound reading on bathroom scale) / 4.33

This calcuation could be completely wrong since I am not expert in physics, I still need others to verify.

Alex
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
nyl

發表發表於: 星期一 九月 26, 2011 5:23 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

thanks for the detailed info. It's very useful.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
tonylamkw

註冊時間: 2011-06-28
文章: 149

發表發表於: 星期二 九月 27, 2011 1:02 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

Hi Alex, the pressure should be 1 bar = 14.7psi @0 degrees celcius. Or you can said 14.5038 psi in normal condition. The temperate also will affected the accuracy of meters, if you can the find the accuracy of scale is base on which condition in the manual.

Just for information. Very Happy
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
nyl

發表發表於: 星期二 九月 27, 2011 5:28 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

the calculation is seamless until i thought about the lever effect.

after all it's a lever machine , and the force you apply is gonna be multiplied by the lever effect. The objective is to get 39pounds of down force at the piston.

i do not have the length measurement of the machine right now. assuming the joint is about 1 inch away from the piston and 12 inches away from the tip of the pull handle.

the math shows u only need 3.3x lbs of force to get 39 pounds of down force at the piston.

according to my experience, 3.3x lbs of pulling force is definitely not enough to pull a good shot on la pavoni. I am guessing i do around 40-50lbs of downforce when i pulled, which in turn is 20+ bar of pressure at the piston. the number now doesnt make too much sense.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
MAKTSZF

註冊時間: 2011-11-09
文章: 60

發表發表於: 星期三 十一月 09, 2011 3:56 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

????????,??????????
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
Violet Tam

註冊時間: 2010-07-30
文章: 50

發表發表於: 星期三 十一月 09, 2011 4:28 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

MAKTSZF 寫到:
????????,??????????

?, ???, ?$9k ??.
????????????
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
nyl

發表發表於: 星期五 十一月 11, 2011 11:38 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

? la pavoni ??? , free UPS / Fedex shipping , 5k ??, depends on the model
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
boy_lah

註冊時間: 2011-11-13
文章: 23

發表發表於: 星期日 十一月 13, 2011 6:07 pm    文章主題: Another Europicolla user!! 引言回覆

hi guys, i just recently stumbled across this forum of Fresh and very glad indeed as I'm looking for HK la pavoni users too!!!

I'm new and still learning...would love to meetup and share some experience. Apologies but chinese not my thing so it's English or nothing.

My biggest complain at the moment is that I'm not getting single flow...multiple flows ie. channelling. I don't know what's the matter...the coffee tastes good but perhaps i'm over doing the dose or too fine grind? not sure. I'm currently use the DOUBLE basket and dose around 16-16.5g. I then taste and finally add some milk to make a picollo (small) latte...think a big machiatto. Oh...and I bought a 51mm tamp which is the right one for my millennium europicolla. The older models are 49mm.

i just recently upgraded to a single hole milk trip too. very nice ... well worth it! where did you get yours? it's longer...useful since the steamer is rather shot on the la pavoni's.

also, where did you buy all the parts for repair? i usually get my unit serviced 2-3 years and it's due for a service soon. I have no idea how to do it nor where to get it done. suggestions? by service, i mean swap out the plastic/rubber bits that's all. assuming no damage.

finally - I've looked at adding a pressure gauge but not sure if it's worth it. would be interesting to hear your experiences.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
nyl

發表發表於: 星期一 十一月 14, 2011 12:19 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

hi boy_lah

welcome to the community.
I think you have to discard a lot of your espresso making knowledge & experience w/ a semi-auto machine before moving on to a lever machine.

it is easy to get channeling w/ the europiccola because of the way water is injected into your basket. THe shower head is connected directly to the boiler , meaning the water is injected at the boiler's pressure. try running out water without the portafilter on , you should see water jets out pretty hard, almost like a bathroom shower head. the jets are gonna destroy the flat surface of the puck and cause channeling.

solution: pull the lever up to the point just before water starts coming > insert the portafilter, while the lever is still at that position > lock in > finish the pull slowly so that there isn't any sudden jet.

pre infusion also help reducing channeling, i usually do about 6s of pre infusion

PS. 16-16.5g seems a bit too much for the dose. with the stock double filter i do 14-15g and pull a single pull of 25-30ml.

PPS i dont do the 1.5pull or the 2pulls technique people suggest on the internet, the result is less than promising in most cases so i gave up on pulling doubles with it.

why don't u shoot a video of how you brew and lets see how we can share from there.

nice grinder by the way.
oh , speaking of which , i grinder much finer when i am with my europiccola.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
boy_lah

註冊時間: 2011-11-13
文章: 23

發表發表於: 星期一 十一月 14, 2011 8:00 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

hey NYL...cheers! And i think your tip has helped me cracked it...too much coffee. I kept my routine the same and reduced the coffee to 15.5g today just to see how i go and it was much nicer. i think i had marginal channelling towards the end of the pull but that's easily fixed by backing the pressure off a bit (which i didn't do).

The taste profile however is smoother/less intense than i like it though - especially when making milky drinks. I may try reducing it further and playing with grind size at this stage - to see if i can recover some of that intensity of using 16-16g.

re first raising the lever to the point of the water coming out...i've already been doing that. Got that tip online sometime back. I also pre-infuse for 6-10s (not experimented if it makes a diff/what's best).

What i'm now trying to figure out is how to reduce the air in my piston/group head(?) for the first shot. Usually i have to lift/push a bit (a few times) to try and get water into the top of the piston/head before the actual pull. But i read online you can bleed that air pocket from your machine whilst it's going to the brew temp by keeping the milk froth tip valve open. This is only an issue with the first cup as by second cup it's fully filled with water. The first cup matters to me as i often only make one cup in the mornings before i shoot out the door for work.

Anyways...it's been a 4-6 month learning journey. I bought this machine 7 years ago and have been casually pulling (bad) shot for years until a friend showed me what coffee can really taste like using his (semi auto) setup. With his advise I then decided to keep my machine (not buy a semi auto) but invest in a good grinder and have been improving myself since. Still lots to learn i think but not been happier.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
nyl

發表發表於: 星期一 十一月 14, 2011 11:31 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

wow 7 yrs , you are a much more experienced lever machine user than i am.

in regards to the style being smoother with la pavoni, yes, i think so too. i havent investigated if it's the machine or the settings. the shots pulled w/ my la pavoni are very smooth , like you said it lacks the intensity, but i enjoy it.

that's why i have the semi-auto , to get the power / intensity when i need it.
i personally believe it's impossible to get the consistency that a semi-auto has with the la pavoni, it is an artisan machine, that provides very decent shots but expressed differently every time you use it. and that's the beauty of it.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
從之前的文章開始顯示:   
發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ?????? 所有的時間均為 台灣時間 (GMT + 8 小時)
前往頁面 上一頁  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  下一頁
2頁(共5頁)

前往:  
無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票