coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house
??????, ??, ??????

常見問題常見問題   搜尋搜尋   會員列表會員列表   會員群組會員群組   會員註冊會員註冊 
 個人資料個人資料   登入檢查您的私人訊息登入檢查您的私人訊息   登入登入 

New toy - La Pavoni Europiccola
前往頁面 上一頁  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  下一頁

發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ??????
上一篇主題 :: 下一篇主題  
發表人 內容
boy_lah

註冊時間: 2011-11-13
文章: 23

發表發表於: 星期一 十一月 14, 2011 7:21 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

Well...yes i've had the machine for 7 years but I never even read the manual and had no idea what i was doing. I just made coffee (initially using supermarket coffee) and thought it was ok. Only about 6-9months ago that i decided to slowly learn how to do it properly after my friend showed me what was possible at home. I then invested in a grinder and that was history. So call me 1 year lever man if you want to. Certainly not 7 years.

re more concentrated/intense taste...i'm hoping i can find a sweet spot with more coffee/variable in grind to get a single flow (not over doing the coffee) and getting that intense taste i did with 16.5g.

As for inconsistency - definitely. it's all you the barista ; )

cheers for the help!
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
boy_lah

發表發表於: 星期二 十一月 15, 2011 1:01 am    文章主題: Deeper basket for La Pavoni? 51mm 引言回覆

also, anyone know where i maybe able to source a deeper basket for the newer 51mm la pavoni? this way i can pack more coffee in? would love to try those VST ones but i think only 60mm.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
nyl

註冊時間: 2011-01-13
文章: 167

發表發表於: 星期二 十一月 15, 2011 10:43 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

look here , people have been looking for it around the world

http://www.home-barista.com/levers/triple-basket-for-europiccola-naked-portafilter-t2486.html
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
boy_lah

發表發表於: 星期二 十一月 15, 2011 3:44 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

Many thanks NYL! Guess no luck then for larger 51mm baskets.

Re-reading some old threads I finally understand why i was seeing a large range of dosing amount by different people. Seems like people with OLDER pavoni - which you CAN get compatible larger basket (49mm) - they were dosing up to 18g and getting good results BUT getting channeling like what was happening to me. With the newer (post 2000) pavoni - no larger basket (51mm) exist - so looks like 14-15g is the sweet spot.

So...I'm going to play around 14-15g and adjust the grind and see what I get. And if I get some results, will try and film my route/a pull although i've never done it!
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
alexfan

註冊時間: 2008-09-18
文章: 266

發表發表於: 星期日 十一月 20, 2011 9:15 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

boy_lah 寫到:
Many thanks NYL! Guess no luck then for larger 51mm baskets.

Re-reading some old threads I finally understand why i was seeing a large range of dosing amount by different people. Seems like people with OLDER pavoni - which you CAN get compatible larger basket (49mm) - they were dosing up to 18g and getting good results BUT getting channeling like what was happening to me. With the newer (post 2000) pavoni - no larger basket (51mm) exist - so looks like 14-15g is the sweet spot.

So...I'm going to play around 14-15g and adjust the grind and see what I get. And if I get some results, will try and film my route/a pull although i've never done it!

Hi, are you using "decent" bean for your extraction. I can get reasonable extraction from 13g to 15g of bean roasted within two weeks.

Alex
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
alexfan

發表發表於: 星期日 十一月 20, 2011 9:16 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

Just replaced the handles

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150376442174930.381476.524574929&type=1
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
boy_lah

發表發表於: 星期一 十一月 21, 2011 9:21 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

[quote="alexfan"]
boy_lah 寫到:
Hi, are you using "decent" bean for your extraction. I can get reasonable extraction from 13g to 15g of bean roasted within two weeks.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Nice to bump into you here too. Yes, I'm using fresh beans ie. roasted within a week. I am pretty happy with the taste I'm getting at the moment but somehow i'm still getting some channeling. Playing the grind helps but I still seem to get some. I'm also paying more attention to my distribution which all helps. I guess it just doesn't look like those youtube video people post but i'm starting to get more or less one main flow.

Why do you vary between 13-15g? for different beans or different taste? how do you decide? Also, have you tried using more? I was previously using 16-16.8 which was absolute max for the double basket i think but causes other issues. Also, I assume you're using the larger/double basket?

cheers.

ps - How are you finding your aftermarket gauge? Would you recommend getting one?

boy_lah 在 星期一 十一月 21, 2011 9:49 am 作了第 1 次修改
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
avbee

註冊時間: 2011-10-19
文章: 28

發表發表於: 星期一 十一月 21, 2011 9:56 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

i think this photo's espresso was abit over extract......i am thinking buy one of this machine because it is cheaper in Europe around UK 323.....not very expensive.....
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
avbee

註冊時間: 2011-10-19
文章: 28

發表發表於: 星期一 十一月 21, 2011 9:59 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

La Pavoni EN Europiccola by LaPavoni-TODAY SPECIALS
Buy new: ?329.16

even the gaggia classic is around ?189

i am thinking which one is better?
but gaggia's classic price is very attractive
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
boy_lah

發表發表於: 星期一 十一月 21, 2011 10:27 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

avbee 寫到:
La Pavoni EN Europiccola by LaPavoni-TODAY SPECIALS
Buy new: ?329.16

even the gaggia classic is around ?189

i am thinking which one is better?
but gaggia's classic price is very attractive

Very different machines surely? Europiccola is a manual lever whilst the Classic is semi automatic. The former is hard work/steep learning curve and a labour of love. The latter is a great introductory machine?
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
nyl

註冊時間: 2011-01-13
文章: 167

發表發表於: 星期一 十一月 21, 2011 11:35 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

hi boy_lah, yea the shot seems channeled
for my la pavoni , i use the curved tamper , which forces the water to go to the middle and avoid side channeling. works out pretty well.

i figured that it is easy to get channeling if the filter is filled to the max. You gotta leave some rooms for the coffee to expand when it touches the water.

avbee: interesting , i have both machine. as boy_lah pointed out , they are two completely different machine. you are asking if a banana is better than an apple.

hope these bullet points help you decide your machine.
la pavoni:
Pros: smooth shots, elegant looking, ability to pressure profiling
Cons: flat learning curve, small shot volume, small boiler, inconsistent

classic:
pros: consistent, easy to pick up & very straight forward
cons: troublesome to switch between brew & steam mode

gaggia classic is my primary machine and la pavoni is a fun machine that i bring out when i feel like it, as i said previously , it's an artisan machine that requires lots of skill and understanding to master and it makes good but inconsistent shots. i am still in my learning process with la pavoni.

my advice: buy gaggia if you want more consistent shots and you are still polishing your skill. buy la pavoni when you already have a semi-auto as your primary machine.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
alexfan

發表發表於: 星期一 十一月 21, 2011 11:44 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

[quote="boy_lah"]
alexfan 寫到:
boy_lah 寫到:

Alex

Hi Alex,

Nice to bump into you here too. Yes, I'm using fresh beans ie. roasted within a week. I am pretty happy with the taste I'm getting at the moment but somehow i'm still getting some channeling. Playing the grind helps but I still seem to get some. I'm also paying more attention to my distribution which all helps. I guess it just doesn't look like those youtube video people post but i'm starting to get more or less one main flow.

Why do you vary between 13-15g? for different beans or different taste? how do you decide? Also, have you tried using more? I was previously using 16-16.8 which was absolute max for the double basket i think but causes other issues. Also, I assume you're using the larger/double basket?

cheers.

ps - How are you finding your aftermarket gauge? Would you recommend getting one?

Hi Clinton, I am not serious on the looking of the extraction. It seems to me that in addition to: 1. grinder quality, 2. coarseness, 3. dosage, 4. distribution, 5. filter, 6. machine, there are other factors significantly affect the looking of the extraction: A. bean type and B. roast level.

I have already given up to get the perfect looking extraction, it happens to me that, some beans could not provide good looking extraction no matter how hard I try, however a not good looking extraction doesnt mean a bad cup. I am a bit too lazy to push myself to reach every perfect shot, I would rather being naive to enjoy palatable shots and the making experience.

Between 13g and 15g - to me it is a bit arbitrary and depends on the beans and with try and error result.

You can get the orginal guage from this shop, they also sell the original brass adaptor. To me, it is more for the cosmetic than functional.

http://www.espressoservices.co.uk/la_pavoni_machines.html
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
boy_lah

發表發表於: 星期一 十一月 21, 2011 6:14 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

alexfan 寫到:

Hi Clinton, I am not serious on the looking of the extraction. It seems to me that in addition to: 1. grinder quality, 2. coarseness, 3. dosage, 4. distribution, 5. filter, 6. machine, there are other factors significantly affect the looking of the extraction: A. bean type and B. roast level.

I have already given up to get the perfect looking extraction, it happens to me that, some beans could not provide good looking extraction no matter how hard I try, however a not good looking extraction doesnt mean a bad cup. I am a bit too lazy to push myself to reach every perfect shot, I would rather being naive to enjoy palatable shots and the making experience.

Between 13g and 15g - to me it is a bit arbitrary and depends on the beans and with try and error result.

You can get the orginal guage from this shop, they also sell the original brass adaptor. To me, it is more for the cosmetic than functional.

I'm in the same boat Alex...Lol. Since I have finally managed to get good tasting coffee (to my palette anyway) I've not particularly fussed about getting things perfect. Having said that, never speak too soon as I was just strangely enough started getting reasonably central flow from my pull 15min ago. This is same beans I've been using last week but it was within week 1 of roast (I actually started using it only 3 days after being roasted) whilst it's now week 2. No idea if that makes a difference. I think I will refine things over time but like you say...i just want to drink that damn cup... Very Happy

Gauge - oh, it's the original one. I didn't realise they sell them. Ok, will check it out. Did you get the milk froth tip from this site too?
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
alexfan

發表發表於: 星期一 十一月 21, 2011 7:52 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

boy_lah 寫到:
alexfan 寫到:

I'm in the same boat Alex...Lol. Since I have finally managed to get good tasting coffee (to my palette anyway) I've not particularly fussed about getting things perfect. Having said that, never speak too soon as I was just strangely enough started getting reasonably central flow from my pull 15min ago. This is same beans I've been using last week but it was within week 1 of roast (I actually started using it only 3 days after being roasted) whilst it's now week 2. No idea if that makes a difference. I think I will refine things over time but like you say...i just want to drink that damn cup... Very Happy

Gauge - oh, it's the original one. I didn't realise they sell them. Ok, will check it out. Did you get the milk froth tip from this site too?

Make sure you also get the brass adaptor if you want to use the Gauge. By the way, the look of extraction may also vary with the number of rest days.

I got the single hole steam tip from Landy, it is the EC155 steam tip and fits well with the LP, you may need to tight it with PVC tape.

Alex

alexfan 在 星期三 十一月 23, 2011 8:47 am 作了第 1 次修改
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
boy_lah

發表發表於: 星期三 十一月 23, 2011 7:44 am    文章主題: Channeling 引言回覆

Don't ask me why but i'm finishing off the last bits of my beans (towards 2 weeks old since roast) and maybe i've managed to 'dial it in' grinder wise, i'm getting very little channeling. The odd drops here and there but generally one central flow.

This is not a good or bad shot, just one i remember to take a snap. It tasted good to me...intense but smooth. The way i like it, especially when i add dash of milk. Any observations how one can 'read' the coffee appreciated. My judge at the moment is mostly down to taking a taste sip it after the pull.

I remember i read somewhere if it's sticking to wall or something it's good/bad? Anyone?

回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
從之前的文章開始顯示:   
發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ?????? 所有的時間均為 台灣時間 (GMT + 8 小時)
前往頁面 上一頁  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  下一頁
3頁(共5頁)

前往:  
無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票