coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house
??????, ??, ??????

常見問題常見問題   搜尋搜尋   會員列表會員列表   會員群組會員群組   會員註冊會員註冊 
 個人資料個人資料   登入檢查您的私人訊息登入檢查您的私人訊息   登入登入 

Bezzera Strega
前往頁面 1, 2  下一頁

發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ??????
上一篇主題 :: 下一篇主題  
發表人 內容
Peter

註冊時間: 2011-02-18
文章: 243

發表發表於: 星期二 十二月 20, 2011 8:25 pm    文章主題: Bezzera Strega 引言回覆

??????, ??vibration pump?spring?hybrid!
????!
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
SimonCHAN

註冊時間: 2008-05-31
文章: 270
來自: HKSAR

發表發表於: 星期二 十二月 20, 2011 9:15 pm    文章主題: Re: Bezzera Strega 引言回覆

Peter 寫到:
??????, ??vibration pump?spring?hybrid!
????!

May I have your review of this product please.

Regards,

SimonCHAN
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
Peter

發表發表於: 星期二 十二月 20, 2011 10:22 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

????????, ??HB?Review, ????????????
http://www.home-barista.com/reviews/bezzera-strega-second-look-t18933.html

????????pressure profiling.

?????:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyBmi744oQE
With a bleeding arrangement as shown in the youtube link, the pressure got to 12 bar when the spring kicks in and gradually dropped to 8 bar at about 35 seconds. The bleeding was manipulated to a rate similar to normal brewing.

?OPV??????13 bar, ??pump???????????13 bar, lever????create 6 bar maximum, ???lever, ??switch???vibration pump, ????????????filter???, ???lever, ???????????????brewing

????????, ??pump????13bar??????lever, ??????13bar?????? ????????pump, ????????????????, ???????咗lever??????? ??????, ??????lever, ???????, ??????
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
SimonCHAN

發表發表於: 星期三 十二月 21, 2011 5:04 am    文章主題: Re: Bezzera Strega 引言回覆

SimonCHAN 寫到:

Regards,

SimonCHAN

Actually, I would like to have your review on the brew quality rather than the technical performance of the machine.

Regards,

SimonCHAN
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
Peter

發表發表於: 星期三 十二月 21, 2011 10:32 am    文章主題: Re: Bezzera Strega 引言回覆

SimonCHAN 寫到:
SimonCHAN 寫到:

Regards,

SimonCHAN

Actually, I would like to have your review on the brew quality rather than the technical performance of the machine.

Regards,

SimonCHAN

Simon,

You may come to my place test it yourself, if you are interested. Its brew pressure is easily adjustable. So, taste wise it can be changed from shot to shot according to your preference. It's more about how you make your coffee with dosing/grind setting/pressure profile instead. I've type the following in HB:

"After rethinking the whole brewing process, I would drop the idea to manipulate the OPV pressure. The design was so ingenious (I'm not sure if the designer had this in mind when designing it) that there is unlimited potential that it could have delivered by marrying the bottomless portafilter, vibration pump and spring all together. I'm not talking about what Jim had mentioned about the manual lever pressure profiling. I'll try to elaborate my thought here.

The brewing flow rate in vibration pump machine has always been a passive results of ground size and dosing - "the maximum of puck bleeding pressure" - that the pump would violently push pressure to the highest puck pressure until the water leaking rate = pumping rate. We have been using dose and grinder setting to control this flow rate, which directly affect brew ratio etc parameters that is crucial to taste. The window of this optimal equilibrium is narrow because, for example, if you put a coffee puck that could only withstand 6 bar pressure at maximum to a 9 bar vibration pump machine, the resulting flow rate would easily be too high because the pump does not know when to stop ramp up the pressure and would all the way push it over 6 bar. So, the pressure stopped ramp up at the leak out rate = pump in rate and the result of this extraction if it's not a gusher, would be considered having the grinder setting set to "too coarse" traditionally.

Now, with the introduction of spring with the Strega arrangement, you can widen this "optimal window" by avoiding the pump to build up cylinder pressure that exceeded the optimal puck bleeding pressure, without a need to manually retard the natural retraction of the lever. The puck can also be dosed/ground to a optimal pressure varying from 6 bar (spring) to 13 bar (OPV), while still easily maintain a desirable flow rate. The key is to pick the right moment to stop the pump (let go of the lever) before the pump pushed it over the optimal bleeding pressure . By using a bottomless portafilter, we can visually tell immediately the speed of water passing through the puck. If water is getting through too quickly, then the pump should be stopped earlier, if the puck is not letting coffee pass through at the optimal rate, you may let the pump run longer to build up higher cylinder pressure before starting the spring. Once the spring started, the pressure won't go up any further but would slowly and evenly decline from the pressure you killed the pump till the end of brew. As such, no matter you fit in a 6 bar puck, or a 13 bar puck (that's something you can control by dosing/grinder setting), you can still get the desired brew ratio within the desired duration by controlling the initial flow rate (brew pressure/timing to start the pump). Of course, with manual spring retarding, pressure profiling can still be manipulated but there's difficulty to repeat accurately shot after shot.

Next thing is to explore a way to effectively control the brew temperature."
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
SimonCHAN

發表發表於: 星期三 十二月 21, 2011 7:31 pm    文章主題: Re: Bezzera Strega 引言回覆

Peter 寫到:
Simon,
You may come to my place test it yourself, if you are interested.

No, thanks. I don't think I could master a machine without spending some time on it.

If it is difficult, if not impossible, to repeat accurately shot after shot, do think it really helps to improve your brew quality.

Regards,

SimonCHAN
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
nyl

註冊時間: 2011-01-13
文章: 167

發表發表於: 星期四 十二月 22, 2011 1:18 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

the machine looks nice.

can you compare the taste between a full-pump shot and a spring lever shot ?

may i know how much you got it for ?
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
Peter

發表發表於: 星期四 十二月 22, 2011 1:51 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

nyl 寫到:
the machine looks nice.

can you compare the taste between a full-pump shot and a spring lever shot ?

may i know how much you got it for ?

Just 1370 euro. It's very very cheap for its brilliant design which enabled the easy manipulation of brew pressure. Euro is also low now. Good timing to do some x'mas shopping for myself!

Taste wise I can't tell you which one is better. Because the hybrid shot (no pure spring shot, but you can get a full pump shot) can be easily tailored to get the "good looking extraction" from dose/grind setting between 6 - 13 bar. Whether it's good tasting shot, it's the barista's choice on how to change the brew parameters to make a shot that fit his taste. The Strega is a tool that no other machine can match to easily provide optimal brew pressure to get the desired flow rate to extract the coffee puck that you put in the portafilter.

Honestly, I think I need to know more about how changing all these parameters could affect the brew quality before making conclusion.

Just for example, if I want a brighter shot and less body from Sumatra beans, grind coarser and lower the brew pressure (by cutting the pump and start the spring earlier) to maintain same flow rate and brew time. Want more bitterness and body from DP Ethiopian? May try grinding finer and ramp up the pressure higher than 9 bar to keep the flow rate and brew time.

However, I think for brew temperature it's not yet very consistent shot from shot due to the brew cylinder under the lever.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
nyl

發表發表於: 星期四 十二月 22, 2011 10:18 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

the price is fair , cheaper than a lot of HX machines out there

i've read some reviews and it seems like the hybrid is good in a way that you can manipulate all the parameters. i guess the cons are the pros itself, too much manipulation. It requires the hands of a very skillful barista to control this machine in every aspect.

it is going to be a fun journey ~
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
boy_lah

註冊時間: 2011-11-13
文章: 23

發表發表於: 星期三 一月 04, 2012 8:17 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

NYL - how goes the machine? I've come across it online and would welcome the opportunity to taste the goods from it ; )) Kindly PM me if offer is open.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
nyl

發表發表於: 星期四 一月 05, 2012 4:34 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

boy_lah,

i think you mis-read, i am not the owner of the machine, Peter is. you should seek him for a tasting offer Smile
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
boy_lah

發表發表於: 星期五 一月 06, 2012 7:43 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

Opps! Peter...how goes it? Very Happy

I've been trying out Ah Shing tips with lower brew temp and getting mixed results. Yes, by not boiling my lever my pull is at a lower temp but without boiling, i'm getting less pressure and have to grind much finer to compensate. it's an interesting way to go....the jury is still out on this one.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
nyl

發表發表於: 星期六 一月 07, 2012 6:56 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

What was ar shing's advice to temp control ? I still struggle to manage the brew temp of a la pavoni. The best I can do now is to start brewing after a certain amount of time after turned on. I can manage the temp for the first shot but then anything after become overheated.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
boy_lah

發表發表於: 星期六 一月 07, 2012 8:58 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

nyl - PM sent. I don't want to publish my bad understanding of his suggestion.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
Peter

發表發表於: 星期一 一月 09, 2012 1:13 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

Go ahead and get the Strega now. The euro is so LOW and the price of the machine should cost less than HK$13500 included shipping cost.

Lots of fun for using this machine. Only drawbacks: it's quite BIG - Width x Depth x Height = 330x450x710mm (height included the lever).
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
從之前的文章開始顯示:   
發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ?????? 所有的時間均為 台灣時間 (GMT + 8 小時)
前往頁面 1, 2  下一頁
1頁(共2頁)

前往:  
無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票