coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house
??????, ??, ??????

常見問題常見問題   搜尋搜尋   會員列表會員列表   會員群組會員群組   會員註冊會員註冊 
 個人資料個人資料   登入檢查您的私人訊息登入檢查您的私人訊息   登入登入 

Coava DISK and Aeropress
前往頁面 上一頁  1, 2, 3  下一頁

發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ??????
上一篇主題 :: 下一篇主題  
發表人 內容
boris

註冊時間: 2007-04-10
文章: 154

發表發表於: 星期日 三月 27, 2011 5:31 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

I tried to make a video but realise that I cant do it without a tripod Rolling Eyes

for you reference, there are several methods here

http://worldaeropresschampionship.wordpress.com/recipes/
tnpatton

註冊時間: 2010-03-26
文章: 25

發表發表於: 星期日 三月 27, 2011 8:00 pm    文章主題: Thanks 引言回覆

Great! Thanks, guys. Your advice helps.

I tried every method from this website: http://brewmethods.com/ but still now luck in making a good coffee. I usually brew coffee with syphon and nel drip so maybe I need to get used to the Aeropress taste, which to me seems bland and tasteless.

I tried Tim Wendleboe's method today, and it was pretty good. He actually got rid of the Clover machines in his cafe and replaced them with the Aeropress. He really believes in them.
http://vimeo.com/16261120
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
boblam
Site Admin

註冊時間: 2007-05-04
文章: 294

發表發表於: 星期日 三月 27, 2011 8:05 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

@KBL. You're welcome
@tnpatton. Also, you're welcome.. How are you doing over there? Must be 'spoiled' by all the good things there... Let see, stumptown, bluebottle and Counter Culture Coffee... Very Happy
I suspect you use its paper filter which I find its taste similar to what you describe... Coava DISK is a night and day, ie french press body+taste clarity... Yes, poor man Clover... Smile

BTW, the video is closer to the original method by Alan Alder, not the more famous 'inverted' style which is more popular now for Aeropress... See picture above or wait until Mr. Boris decided to shoot a nice VDO... until that time then.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
boris

發表發表於: 星期日 三月 27, 2011 8:21 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

@bob imho the TW method is not very different from inverted. There are about 45s infusion time. I choosed to invert the press because (I think) there could be some underextracted coffee coming out after adding water and before putting in the plunge.
boris

發表發表於: 星期日 三月 27, 2011 8:25 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

oh and the grind dome in the video ... syphon style? :p
boblam
Site Admin

註冊時間: 2007-05-04
文章: 294

發表發表於: 星期日 三月 27, 2011 9:38 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

Hmm.. If you do not invert it, how much leakage it might have... Also, is it more difficult to stir and disrupt paper filter.

You seemed to be more of a proponent of paper for convenience, how was the taste in your opinion?
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
boris

發表發表於: 星期日 三月 27, 2011 10:16 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

just tried non-inverted once on metal filter, totally dislike it. a hell lot more fines and grinds in the result cup. perhaps it's my skill not good enough.

metal or paper it really depends on the coffee...

So far I like updosed costa ricans with metal, sun dried ethopians goes better with paper imho.
Peter

註冊時間: 2011-02-18
文章: 243

發表發表於: 星期二 四月 05, 2011 3:41 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

I had just bought an aeropress and 080 filter few days ago and I'm still trying to test and find out the optimal brewing temperature/grounds size/brew time combination.

Apparently aeropress offered an unlimited numbers of combination of these parameters. How about sharing a bit about your favourite parameters for each of the various beans you tried?
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
boris

發表發表於: 星期二 四月 05, 2011 2:19 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

Peter 寫到:
I had just bought an aeropress and 080 filter few days ago and I'm still trying to test and find out the optimal brewing temperature/grounds size/brew time combination.

Apparently aeropress offered an unlimited numbers of combination of these parameters. How about sharing a bit about your favourite parameters for each of the various beans you tried?

my recipe- see my previous post?

upside down, preheat, brew ratio 1:13 to 1:10 (16g-20g grinds to 200g water) 80-87c water, 30s-45s infusion time and press.

I usually updose a bit (up to 20g grinds) for hard beans like costa rica.
increase to tempreture to 87ish if the roast is city

I use disk for washed bean and paper for sun dry to aim for a more balance favour. if you are extremist try paper for washed and disk for sun dry/honey process beans!

this yields slihgtly updosed underextracted coffee which suits imho, coffee with distinct front favour.
boris

發表發表於: 星期一 四月 11, 2011 10:25 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

I wrote a facebook note about my aeropress recipe.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/boris-lee/an-upside-down-aeropress-recipe/10150264491128986
Peter

發表發表於: 星期三 四月 13, 2011 5:12 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

Thanks Boris for your sharing. I've bought and just received a 010 disk today to try the difference from 080. Seems the holes are a bit larger. Any need to use coarser grinds to avoid extracting residual in the coffee?
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
boris

發表發表於: 星期日 四月 17, 2011 4:47 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

Peter 寫到:
Thanks Boris for your sharing. I've bought and just received a 010 disk today to try the difference from 080. Seems the holes are a bit larger. Any need to use coarser grinds to avoid extracting residual in the coffee?

I wouldn't. The amount of "fines" (??) would be more or less the same if you dont adjust the grind size dramatically..
but you may try if it works for you
Peter

發表發表於: 星期二 七月 05, 2011 5:29 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

Now enjoying a blend of 50% Kona Kowali Typica + 50% 2011 Nekisse all roasted to City+. It tastes/smells so good that I must write this down as a log to remind myself, and to share with you.

Brewed using a aeropress with 080 and brew parameters:
14.5g grounds
88 'C water in
1 min stirred gently once
1:45 started to press
2:15 finished pressing

It doesn't look clean in cup but definitely tasted/smell very good with smooth body. Kona's typical aroma mixed with the berries and fruits from Nekisse is definitely a WOW. Wait till temperature dropped below 40'C to enjoy the aroma when it's reached its peak and kept coming/changing as temperature cools down. Very Happy
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
alexfan

註冊時間: 2008-09-18
文章: 266

發表發表於: 星期二 七月 05, 2011 10:23 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

boris 寫到:
I wrote a facebook note about my aeropress recipe.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/boris-lee/an-upside-down-aeropress-recipe/10150264491128986

Just see your recipe. I recently bought a Hario MSS-1 for a short travel with Aeropress, I find Hario works quite well with Aeropress.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
alexfan

註冊時間: 2008-09-18
文章: 266

發表發表於: 星期二 七月 05, 2011 10:24 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

Peter 寫到:
Now enjoying a blend of 50% Kona Kowali Typica + 50% 2011 Nekisse all roasted to City+. It tastes/smells so good that I must write this down as a log to remind myself, and to share with you.

Brewed using a aeropress with 080 and brew parameters:
14.5g grounds
88 'C water in
1 min stirred gently once
1:45 started to press

2:15 finished pressing

It doesn't look clean in cup but definitely tasted/smell very good with smooth body. Kona's typical aroma mixed with the berries and fruits from Nekisse is definitely a WOW. Wait till temperature dropped below 40'C to enjoy the aroma when it's reached its peak and kept coming/changing as temperature cools down. Very Happy

Interesting blend, I would rather share your coffee.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
從之前的文章開始顯示:   
發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ?????? 所有的時間均為 台灣時間 (GMT + 8 小時)
前往頁面 上一頁  1, 2, 3  下一頁
2頁(共3頁)

前往:  
無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票